I can't WAIT for this month's character builder update!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Really guys? I mean I love the character builder, but I have already statted several characters for fun., Maybe it's because I don't like the Character Sheet format.
In case you didn't know, the CB lets you unlock the panes and rearrange the sheet. Look under the pulldown menus while you're looking at the sheet. It still may not work for you, but it's always good to have options.

And I'll echo everyone else. I love me the builder; it's just plain fun to whip up variant PCs and see how they look.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Here, here. I am tempted on Tuesday to make a thread devoted for us to showcase what we have made in the CB for PHB2 (will be interesting to see how it combines with Dragon options as well). Glad they put in the text format for the CB.

Nymrohd

First Post
Oh I know about that, and I do love the CB. We just use a very different format for our character sheets in my game (A folded A3 paper with pretty much everything typed in which we change every level, similar in structure to the KotS pregen sheets but rather comprehensive compared to those). I guess I could try to recreate that in the CB and save the format though.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Unintended side effect of how awesome the Character Builder is: a general reluctance of gamers to build anything with new material until the 4th Tuesday of every month.

It's weird, but I'm experiencing exactly the same thing. Sure, I can whip up a character with pen and paper - but now I'm used to the Builder, I don't want to! The book is almost superfluous!

Makes for some good browsing, though.

Nymrohd

First Post
Between the CB and the D&DI the main use of the books is browsing and having something to read before I go to sleep or in the bathroom. When I am creating a character or an encounter I use the CB and the D&DI.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
The only feature the character builder lacks is a home brew form that means that home made powers and feats get a proper card/effect on the character sheet.

caudor

Adventurer
I'm sure I read somewhere that there is a 30-day delay on stuff getting added to the CB, meaning that updates for the PHBII would not be available until the last Tuesday in May.

I hope I'm wrong...:uhoh:

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I'm sure I read somewhere that there is a 30-day delay on stuff getting added to the CB, meaning that updates for the PHBII would not be available until the last Tuesday in May.

That is for DDI stuff since they add the information from the final product in the magazine which comes out post CB update. This isn't the case with the books since obviously the books are their final form.

Klaus

First Post
In case you didn't know, the CB lets you unlock the panes and rearrange the sheet. Look under the pulldown menus while you're looking at the sheet. It still may not work for you, but it's always good to have options.

And I'll echo everyone else. I love me the builder; it's just plain fun to whip up variant PCs and see how they look.
This bears repeating. I managed to make a 1-sheet horizontal PC sheet that covers pretty much everything I need, kinda mimicking the sheet design I did for FDP's BattleBox. I just wish magic items would be listed in the Equipment box, and that the Character Portrait thing started working again.

mudbunny

Community Supporter

I am sure that, just this once, the mods won't mind someone saying this:

You. Are. Wrong.

:D

Updates to the Character Builder and the Compendium are done on the 4th Tuesday of the month, usually during the day sometime.

The books that were released that month are added. The Magazines, on the other hand, are added the *next* month. In other words, all of the articles that were released in March will get added to the Compendium and the Character Builder duringt he April update.

Remove ads