I can't WAIT for this month's character builder update!

caudor

Adventurer
I am sure that, just this once, the mods won't mind someone saying this:

You. Are. Wrong.

:D

Updates to the Character Builder and the Compendium are done on the 4th Tuesday of the month, usually during the day sometime.

The books that were released that month are added. The Magazines, on the other hand, are added the *next* month. In other words, all of the articles that were released in March will get added to the Compendium and the Character Builder duringt he April update.

This is one of those times when I'm delighted to be wrong. :) So many classes; so little time :)

StormHarbinger

First Post
<squeeeeee>

So excited for this update, not only for PHB2 but also the Shadar-kai article from last month's Dragon. One thing that does concern me going forward is the sheer number of options; the character builder does a great job of presenting all the options to you, but then fails on giving you ways to sort that information. For instance, if I want to create a polearm-wielding character, it sure would be nice to be able to sort the weapons by type. Same thing with feats; it'd be nice to be able to tell the character builder that for a specific character you never want to see a certain feat offered again. Then you could weed out the feats which are just never going to fit your character concept. It's a small issue, but one that is only going to become more important as they move forward.

Storm

Baumi

Adventurer
I really like that they release the updates so close to the Hardcover, since my new Campaign starts on Saturday where 4 of the 5 players took Primal Classes and the CB will make their and therefore my job much easier! :cool:

Nymrohd

First Post
Have to say that the CB has made me very much aware of how badly organised certain options are. Especially feats need a lot more keywords.

Tarril Wolfeye

First Post
This bears repeating. I managed to make a 1-sheet horizontal PC sheet that covers pretty much everything I need, kinda mimicking the sheet design I did for FDP's BattleBox. I just wish magic items would be listed in the Equipment box, and that the Character Portrait thing started working again.

When changing your regional settings to English (US) before starting the CB you not only get working font on power cards, but also the character portraits are working again! Maybe fixing power cards will fix portraits (if they get cards fixed on tuesday)

Klaus

First Post
When changing your regional settings to English (US) before starting the CB you not only get working font on power cards, but also the character portraits are working again! Maybe fixing power cards will fix portraits (if they get cards fixed on tuesday)
How do I do that?

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I figure I post it here, here is the official list for updates for Character Builder and Compendium. Most interesting thing besides obviously the PHB2 stuff is the new options for item customization. You can almost design whole new weapons and have it work with the system with this.

March 2009 D&D Insider Tools News

Hawke

Explorer
I figure I post it here, here is the official list for updates for Character Builder and Compendium. Most interesting thing besides obviously the PHB2 stuff is the new options for item customization. You can almost design whole new weapons and have it work with the system with this.

Thanks for posting the link... even more excited!

Does anybody remember if this became available right at midnight last month or it showed up later in the day?

Scribble

First Post

Hrmm- They added some cool new stuff to the compendium too... (Or am I behind on this?)

New filters and a section for Deities, but still no traps. I wonder why?

Hawke

Explorer
New filters and a section for Deities, but still no traps. I wonder why?

My guess is first that it's harder to do. Easy to pull up data on gods cause we already know what they are - harder to go through and database up everything from the various adventures... especially if unlike monsters they weren't planning on it.

Another idea is that tab will be released/unlocked to coincide with an Excerpt from DMG2 about new traps... kind of get yourself excited for the options of traps/hazards which I'd guess DMG2 is going to be really heavy on.

Remove ads