I choose you, Pramas-chu!

That would really suck if Chainmail gets cancelled, but I had heard it was doing pretty well. Who knows though?

Green Knight posted the same question in Wizard's Chainmail forum, but who knows when we'll get an answer to this question.

To follow up on my own post, on the Chainmail thread I mentioned above, Jason Soles replied:

"Ok guys...

Chainmail is still here.

I've spent the day in my basement working on some dioramas for an uppcoming Guidebook beyond set 3. From what I can tell there have been some changes around the overall team. I'm guessing more will be posted officially when it is sorted out.

Mike and I have a lot of work ahead. Don't worry too much about the future. I'm not."

Chris,
I've been gearing up for introducing a new group to 3E in the spring and bouncing around with what to use. In honor of your good work, I think we will be going with the Freeport trilogy. It will give me a good reason to buy the sourcebook. (like I need a reason.) Good luck and, Go Green Ronin!

The Antra

First Post
Chris,

I am very sad for this.

If it's for any consolation, I was laid off last October (not from WOTC) and that event really changed my life. I got to focus on my artist career and now I've even done some work for you guys (at Green Ronin).

My best wishes to you.

As Doomsdaisy said: GO, GO GREEN RONIN!

Best,
Marcio

William Ronald

Explorer
Chris,

Good luck. I loik forward to seeing and buying your work in the future.

Also, I suggest the WoTC employees who lost their jobs get together to talk with each other. Generate a few new ideas, or just be supportive of each other. I know what it is like to suddenly loose a job that you love passionately.

Best wishes.

Erik Mona

Adventurer
>>>
, I hope Armies of the Abyss & the Freeport source book sell off the charts.
>>>

Me too.

Erik Mona
"Still" Editing Polyhedron
Author, Armies of the Abyss

TalonComics

First Post
Man... The hits just keep on coming. I'm sorry Chris. :/

However, I love Green Ronin stuff and frankly this means the Green Ronin stuff will have that much more attention paid to it making it that much better. The best way to show a former employer how they screwed up is show them how good you are doing your own stuff.

Good luck Chris! I hope all the best to you and let's see some more awesome Green Ronin product. :)

~Derek

Pramas

Explorer
Thanks everyone!

I want to thank everyone for the will wishes. I really appreciate it. It used to be conventional wisdom that gamers didn't notice or care who designed the books they bought. From this thread and the many e-mails I received today, I'd have to see that simply isn't true.

You guys rock.

As for Chainmail, I don't think much will change for the rest of this year. Fire and Ice and the Ghostwind Campaign are both pretty much done, as are the minis for the next 5-6 months.

I will be going right into doing Green Ronin full time and believe me there's plenty of work to do. I can't wait for Freeport and Armies of the Abyss to hit the streets.

It's time to start cooking.

Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
"d20 Rules Done Right!"
www.greenronin.com

Remove ads