• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I choose you, Pramas-chu!

LcKedovan

Explorer
Hi Chris,

Well I can't say I feel sorry for you, as someone mentioned previous, because now you get to do Green Ronin stuff full time. :D It is hard though, putting things together, so my best wishes go out to you.

As to your comment about gamers and designers etc. I would really attribute that more to the fact that here at ENWorld we're more of a family and every time something bad happens to one of the people here, we all feel it in some way, designer, gamer, lurker (well we'd never know!), cat, legendary god of a small bagel farm... whoever! Our thoughts are with you all. I am sure the others would agree with me, we hope that those that were around these boards before the layoffs stick around, because we're glad you're all a part of the family. As they say, blood is thicker that water, what? ;)

-Will

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Best of lucks, Chris!
I still don't understand all tihis WotC layoff problem, I can only say I'm very sad about all of you, and I wish you personally and all the others best of lucks!

Fiery James

First Post
Chris,

Sorry to hear about the loss of the steady paycheck. FDP's been rocked by layoffs over the last year as well, with the most recent hitting just last wednesday. It's certainly tough to write cool stuff when you'e worried about your next mortgage payment.

Of course, on the positive side, I hope this translates into a new era featuring Chris "The Gloves are Off" Pramas, unfettered and unrestricted, now able to make bold and controversial statements without fear of corporate reprisal. Shake the RPG world, my friend.

And everyone else, GO BUY SOME GR STUFF!

(and, it wouldn't hurt if you picked up Beyond All Reason or Queen of Lies either!)

- Fiery James

SHARK

First Post
Greetings!

Chris Pramas, I salute you for your excellent work! Even though you have a small side company in Green Ronin, it never feels good to be fired. My condolences.:) I hope you shall meet new success! I suppose it can be the sweetest irony to reap success and profit in the face of a former employer, eh? Best of luck, sir!

As an aside, what is wrong with WOTC? I could be wrong, but the design staffs aren't that large, and thus, if you fire designers, you're actually getting rid of intellectual capital. That make sense? I can understand cutting secondary staffs, but to be most successful, doesn't one need to field a top stable of designers and editors?

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Fiery James said:
Of course, on the positive side, I hope this translates into a new era featuring Chris "The Gloves are Off" Pramas, unfettered and unrestricted, now able to make bold and controversial statements without fear of corporate reprisal. Shake the RPG world, my friend.

Ain't that the truth. I wish you the best, Chris, and look forward to seeing what you can do now that you're "your own man."

Wulf

Axiomatic Unicorn

First Post
Fiery James said:

I agree BIG TIME.

I don't want to make light of the situation in the least.

BUT

If you had asked me last week to name two WoTC people I would like to see unrestrained by WoTC review, I would have named Sean and Chris. Raise you hand if you think Legions of Hell would have ever passed through the gates of WoTC.

I didn't think so.

I was likely to buy stuff from Chris and Sean before. Now I will be even more inclined to do so, just to make sure I can continue to get more from them in the future.

King_Stannis

Explorer
talented people like yourself, chris, will always end up on their feet. green ronin is universally accepted as on of the elite independent D20 outfits. look forward to seeing your new stuff, too.

best wishes.

Remove ads