• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I choose you, Pramas-chu!

Ristamar

Adventurer
I can't say much that hasn't already been touched upon in this thread, so I'll just send my best wishes as I wait for even more d20 goodness from Green Ronin. ;)

Thanks for all the great products, Chris...

Pramas

Explorer
Eosin the Red said:

This I fortell: That the glory of Pramas-chu and Green Ronin will not fade from RPG scene for many good years (unless he wants otherwise).

I do not want otherwise. I love games and I love this industry. I'm in it for the long haul.

Plus - GR employs the coolest-no-BS chick in gaming.

Yep, that Nicole is a helluva woman!

Chris Pramas
Green Ronin Publishing
"d20 Rules Done Right!"
www.greenronin.com

Kichwas

Half-breed, still living despite WotC racism
d20Dwarf said:
The WotC store by me is selling all Chainmail figures at 25% off.
I used to go to a WoTC store out near my last employer.

I always felt that if the store's employee's had their way they wouldn't sell any hobby-gamer material other than Warhammer; which they all seemed to play.

Everything else always got shoved into a big unsorted mess. Even WotC material seemed a bit jumbled about.

The reps could never answer any questions about anything not warhammer or computer game related. My local unaffilated store had a better insight into WotC products than the WotC store did. Better shipment times too.

I think some of those stores are left to their own devices a bit too much.

gubaru

First Post
Speaking of Nicole and the future of Chainmail

She posted THIS on the Chainmail boards at WotC. Since it may or may not stay there, I'll quote it, too.

LIES! Don't believe it, it's all lies. They just want you to keep buying the Chainmail stuff that's in the pipe.

There is not ONE PERSON still working on minis stuff full time at WotC. Jonathan Tweet may still be around, but don't get an overblown sense of his importance or interest in this project. Jonathan was NOT a minis enthusiast before being handed this job, and working on Chainmail is one of three or four unrelated projects he manages at WotC.

Justin is out of there as soon as his transfer comes through, and good luck to him, he deserves better than he got on the minis team. Bryan Kinsella? HAH! He gave his team his little "I'm moving on to brand manage CCGs for the Japanese market" speech weeks ago, and if he's still involved with Chainmail it's only because they can't BEG someone to take on the minis job.

There is currently NO vision for the game and absolutely ZERO support for it in upper management. There never has been, and with visionless jackalopes like Kinsella trying to run things it's only gotten worse within the last year.

The squandered potential is staggering.

I've held back on many of my opinions about the management of Chainmail over the last two years, purely because there was retribution against Chris because I shot off my mouth. Well, they don't wield that stick anymore, and I'm not going to pussyfoot around the issue: NO ONE cared about minis at the company more than Chris. NO ONE. He railed at every turn for you guys to get the best value, to have the coolest looking figures, to have a rich background and engaging setting. He raised concerns on behalf of the consumers and fans, warning against shoddy/rushed production, random pricing schemes, advocating for more options (like a larger combat game, better rewards through organized play, more minis to choose from) and he was ignored or dismissed at every turn by people who could just as well have been selling tennis shoes or oven cleaner for all the interest and involvement they had in the product.

I'm not some sort of weepy communist railing against capitalists and the nature of business here. But you've been lied to, and you're still being lied to and it pisses me off to see them trying to spin this layoff as "no big deal" to their miniatures plan.

::insert primal scream here::

Nicole

Aeris Winterood

First Post
Nicole on Chainmail

I figured as much here as well... When the previews first came out and it explained about expanding to a mass combat game, I thought it sounded too good to be true... how sad the truth really is...

Wuxia

First Post
d20Dwarf said:
The WotC store by me is selling all Chainmail figures at 25% off.

Wonder why. The game may be doomed, but the minis still look good. The elf with a two-bladed sword is one of my favorite.

hellbender

First Post
The hobby stores around me all liquidated their Chainmail miniatures weeks ago and when I asked about ordering Chainmail miniatures, I received blank stares. Playing the game around here is pretty pointless, but the miniatures are neat for the most part and worked well for integrating into my DnD games.

On Chris Pramas: he wrote excellent material for Warhammer and he continues to write excellent material for Green Ronin. GR is one of the few d20 companies whose material I would buy sight unseen, and I often check the site for new releases.

hellbender

Remove ads