• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I choose you, Pramas-chu!

Mindcrime

First Post
At the game store near me, the owner said just two days ago that Chainmail is tanking in his shop. But then again, on any given afternoon there's either a mage knight or warhammer game going on, so it just may be a local thing where no one's interested in chainmail. That sucks, cuz I was thinking the game looked really cool - I have no interest in spending 700 bucks on making an uber cool warhammer army, but chainmail looks perfect for the kind of smaller squad-sized skirmishes I would be interested in playing. And I've absolutely no interest in mage knight. I like the concept but the minis are just plain butt ugly. Hero Clix, on the other hand, I'm gonna get for sure. And probably Battletech from wizkids, tho. The preview figs at the game store are awesome, with really good paint jobs.

Chris

Chainmail

I don't think there's much doubt left that Chainmail is less than a roaring success.

I think it failed because it didn't dream big enough, and Nic-chick's post seems to confirm this. What I mean is that you can't really run mass-battles with Chainmail, just battles that are SLIGHTLY larger than the conflicts you'd run in D&D anyway.

Once we figured out that Chainmail wasn't a REAL mass-combat ruleset, I think the excitement for the product kind of died.

drnuncheon

Explorer
gubaru said:
Chris,

That sucks. FWIW, I hope Armies of the Abyss & the Freeport source book sell off the charts.

Well, I'll be buying a copy of each.

A long time ago, WW had a 'subscription' service where you could get everything they made for a particular game line shipped to you automatically. I thought it was a pretty goofy idea at the time, but if I were going to "subscribe" to any company's stuff it'd be GR. I don't think I've seen a single GR book announced that I wouldn't buy (with the exception of the Character Folio, but that's because I don't buy character sheets).

Now, Chris...help me feed your family. 8) Put out some stuff...I'm about to burst waiting for the Freeport hardcover!

J

Nikchick

Explorer
Re: Speaking of Nicole and the future of Chainmail

Heh.

Obviously Chris is handling it better than I am. :)

What can I say, when I give my loyalty, I give it my all. This is the third strike for WotC with me, the first goes all the way back to the days when the were doing Ars Magica and Everway. They blow through people like so many disposable tissues, and take the easy way out by cutting staff rather than taking a good hard look at their operations and business practices.

Anyway, I know the comments in this thread weren't addressed to me, but I just wanted you all to know that I've taken a good deal of comfort in the messages of support you've posted for Chris here. Everyone at Green Ronin is fired up and ready to kick ass this year, and it's good to know that it's not all for nothing.

Nicole

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Mr. Pramas should seriously consider submitting a resume to Wiz Kids. I believe it's in the same city, and while their MK sales seem to be a bit down, they have at last 2 more mini games on the way.

Wuxia

First Post
Re: Re: Speaking of Nicole and the future of Chainmail

Nikchick said:
Anyway, I know the comments in this thread weren't addressed to me, but I just wanted you all to know that I've taken a good deal of comfort in the messages of support you've posted for Chris here. Everyone at Green Ronin is fired

Green Ronin fired everyone!? My... That's even worse than WotC. :eek:

up and ready to kick ass this year, and it's good to know that it's not all for nothing.

Nicole

:D

Remove ads