• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I choose you, Pramas-chu!

King_Stannis

Explorer
SHARK said:
...As an aside, what is wrong with WOTC? I could be wrong, but the design staffs aren't that large, and thus, if you fire designers, you're actually getting rid of intellectual capital. That make sense? I can understand cutting secondary staffs, but to be most successful, doesn't one need to field a top stable of designers and editors?

Semper Fidelis,

SHARK

one would think, my friend. but obviously WotC thinks it is making decisions that are in the best interest of WotC. only time will tell if they are or not.

MEG Hal

First Post
I enjoy Green Ronin.
I enjoy Chris.
So while being let go is never nice, this may be the time to get more stuff rolling and GR has always had an eye for "the good stuff". Hope all the best to you on all levels Chris, and may this be a blessing in disguise!

Psion

Adventurer
Fiery James said:
Of course, on the positive side, I hope this translates into a new era featuring Chris "The Gloves are Off" Pramas, unfettered and unrestricted, now able to make bold and controversial statements without fear of corporate reprisal. Shake the RPG world, my friend.

I really hope that Chris' bottom line isn't affected by this... because that is the only possible bad reprecussion from this AFAIAC. From the consumer side of the house, I can only see this as a good thing. This week I went on record (on the d20 publisher forum) as saying that I think Green Ronin is one of the strongest d20 companies out there, but that there production schedule was a little light.

Plus I REALLY couldn't care less about chainmal.

AFAIAC, this is a positive redirection of effort.

Vuron

First Post
I emailed Bobo last night and he sent me this reply.

"Vuron, tahnks for sendign me that emale last nihgt it was very good to here from yuo. As too your guestions I am still operating as teh cheif proofreader for wizard of the coasts. We in the editing department are paned at the losing of good freinds and coworkers espiecally Shawn Reynolds he remind me of chimpanzee throughing poo when he gets angry. Anway I gotta go get to profing the epic evel handbook. Type more later frend!"

So Bobo for one is still employed but I think WotC underpays him and he gets his medical insurance from the seattle zoo so I think he might be one of thier cheaper employees.

kenjib

First Post
Vuron said:
So Bobo for one is still employed but I think WotC underpays him and he gets his medical insurance from the seattle zoo so I think he might be one of thier cheaper employees.

Vuron,

I think that your sarcasm indicates an underestimation of the great talent pool that is the Woodland Park Zoo.

*picks a bug from Bobo's hair and eats it*

They should hire Hansa (the baby elephant) to do the artwork. He'll make a darned fine painter any day now. Hasbro will love him because he works for peanuts. There are also the pygmy marmosets to do PR. Who doesn't love pygmy marmosets? Don't forget the Komodo Dragons either. Who could possibly be more authoritative candidates for the R&D on the Monster Manual II and Monster Manual III?

Eosin the Red

First Post
That little bit about Bobo was funny as hell.

I have mucho GR, I have no Chainmail. I have best wishes for Pramas-chu.

This I fortell: That the glory of Pramas-chu and Green Ronin will not fade from RPG scene for many good years (unless he wants otherwise).

Plus - GR employs the coolest-no-BS chick in gaming.

Remove ads