• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

i have a question...

fearghal

First Post
how is dnd realy played? i meen, how should it be, so far i've been to, "the to book" and "all out party". the all out party is where we mainly roleplayed with bounceing off walls and so on and didnt realy ever attack with basic or skill attacks. is that good or should there be more mixture

Sporemine

First Post
Try to be a little more specific next time but here is how I play.

Dungeon crawls, very few skill challenges, plenty of battles, and good old house rules for throwing severed arms at people, but thats just my group.

You seem to be new to the forums so welcome to Enworld, I hope it helps.

Good luck

-Sporemine

defendi

Explorer
It depends on the party. I would never dream of doing a store game that went longer than an hour with some kind of encounter (unless the players draw it out themselves). I have other groups where I'm happy to run a six hour session where no one picks up a die. People play D&D for different reasons. Try to get something in there for everyone ("Uh oh. We've gone two hours without letting Brian kill anything." or "JC is getting bored, I better give him a female NPC to roleplay with.") Other than that, if everyone's having fun, roll with it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads