I have a question

Let's say you're a Quasi Deity (Divine Rank 0) being, and you have a DR of 35 / +4.

That means that you can hit a +4 creature with your bare hands. I understand that much.

I think (90% sure) that if you pick up a normal weapon, you can still hit a +4 creature with it.

But what if you pick up a magic weapon? Let's pretend it's a +5 sword.

Would it stack, making you able to hit +9 creatures?

Or would it overlap, making you able to hit +5 creatures?

Thanks in advance, guys!

Peace out.

ElectricDragon

Explorer
DR is the amount of magic needed to hit the god. AFAIK, the god's hands have the property to hit creatures as if they were as magical as his body is defensively. But DR 35/+4 is from 3.0.

In 3.5, they consolidated DR types into magic (+1 to +5), epic (+6 to +10), and various materials (i.e. DR 15/silver) as well as pretty much reduced the numerical reduction amount (for the most part, 25 or higher was deemed too much of a reduction).

Personally, I would have to have a serious reason why a quasi deity would have such high DR. As quasi deities have no domains (and probably no worshipers); I am not sure what I would consider an appropriate background/portfolio for such a deity to make it so immune to physical damage.

As far as the DR +4 creature picking up a +5 sword, the pluses would overlap so +5 would be what he would get. Picking up a non-magical weapon or a magical weapon of +4 or less would change nothing.

Greenfield

Adventurer
Note, of course, that the quasi-deity would punch DR as if their hands were +4. They don't actually get that +4 to hit or damage. It's only counted when it comes to bypassing DR.

So even a +1 sword would benefit them, in that it would give them the actual bonus to hit and damage.

Remove ads