• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have faiths of Eberron

Remathilis

Legend
Klaus said:
Any info on the Argent Fist? How many levels, what do they get, and stuff...

Argent Fist

Req: LG, Bab+5, Know(religion) 4 ranks, Monastic OR Knight training, Imp Unarmed Strike, Evasion, Smite Evil, Turn undead, silver flame deity, join the order

d10 hd, 4 + int skills

Bab Cleric, Good Fort and Will

1.) Aesthetic Knight (as feat, CV) Ki Focus (special monk weapons can use ki strikes), stunning smite (add argent fist level to stun DC when using smite)
2.) Holy Armor (retain monk wis to AC in armor), ki strike silver
3.) Balm of Silver Flame (spend a turn attempt to double hp you heal 1 rd)
4.) Smite Evil 1/day
5.) Wrath of Silver Flame (spend a turn attempt to give your hands +2d6 holy damage, 5+ cha rounds)
6.) --
7.) Ki Strike Cold Iron
8.) Mettle (as Hexblade or Pious Templar)
9.) Smite Evil 2/day
10.) Embrace the Silver Flame (spend a turn attempt, you can now (pick 1) either a.) gain fast healing equal to your wis mod b.) spend 1 AP to gain a move action, c.)shed light as per daylight, d.) cause evil outsiders, lycanthropes, and undead -2 to attack and 2d6 damage in 60' radius e.)automatically confirm crits against undead, evil outsiders, and lycanthropes (and you can crit undead using this) All of this for 5+ cha mod in rounds).

Kesh

First Post
How much info is there on the Cults of the Dragon Below? Because, to be quite honest, that'd be the main reason I want this book. :D

Remathilis

Legend
The Cult of the Dragon Below gets roughly 4 pages. It discusses the Servants (becoming a priest, hierarchy, fallen priests, quests), Rites and Rituals (prayers, minor rites, major rites), The Cult in Everyday life (goverment, other faiths) Temples and Shrines (with a sample map and simple stats) and the Cult and the Last War. It also has a "stat block" of game mechanics (alignment, portfolio, domains, favored wpn. The cult gets the most domains of any faith).

(BTW: all churches and faiths have this info, some ALOT more detailed info than others, but each has AT LEAST 4 or so pages.

Beckett

Explorer
I was looking at picking up Dragon Magic, if my FLGS has it when I drop by this Friday. Now, after reading this thread and the excerpt, I may have to grab Faiths of Eberron too. Especially since I think I'm running my Eberron game next week...

From the player side, I really want to play a LN Warforged Cleric of the Lord of Blades. Adamantine body, great sword, and spells. Not wanting to kill all humans, but a little disdainful of their weak bodies. Or, if we follow the trend of our games and the next Eberron game I play in is gestalt, a cleric/crusader.

takasi

First Post
The Sovereign Speaker sounds interesting mechanically. Can you go into more detail? Getting a domain every level sounds a little overpowering at first. Does the class provide full spellcasting progression?

Remathilis

Legend
takasi said:
The Sovereign Speaker sounds interesting mechanically. Can you go into more detail? Getting a domain every level sounds a little overpowering at first. Does the class provide full spellcasting progression?

Sovereign Speaker

Req: Know(religion) 8 ranks, Worldly Focus(new feat, cast spells without divine focus), able to cast divine spells, worship the Host but not one specific one (pantheon as a whole, in other words) and must have a domain (so Eberron adepts can do this, but druids can't).

HD: 8
Skill: 2+int
Bab: cleric
Saves: Good will

Weapon Proficiency with all Sovereign Favored wpns

Caster Levels: All but 1st and 6th, divine caster level only

Bonus Domain: 1-10th. You can pick any domain of the Sovereign Host, but no more than TWO from any specific deities list (so you can't take war if you have strength and good since Dol Dorn offers all three). This is easier to do if you allow the extra domains listed from spell compendium. You gain the spells and granted power of each domain.

Extra Domain Slot: at 3rd level, you gain a bonus 3rd level domain slot (to fill with any 1-3 domain spell). At 6th, you gain a bonus 5th level , at 9th, you gain a bonus 7th level.

This class can absolutely BREAK the mystic (Dragonlance) so I wouldn't suggest using the two together.

Minor correction: You only gain bonus domains on 1st through 9th level of the Sovereign Speaker. It's only a 9-level PrC, not 10. Nine gods of the Host, nine levels of the class. :)

Kesh

First Post
Remathilis said:
The Cult of the Dragon Below gets roughly 4 pages. It discusses the Servants (becoming a priest, hierarchy, fallen priests, quests), Rites and Rituals (prayers, minor rites, major rites), The Cult in Everyday life (goverment, other faiths) Temples and Shrines (with a sample map and simple stats) and the Cult and the Last War. It also has a "stat block" of game mechanics (alignment, portfolio, domains, favored wpn. The cult gets the most domains of any faith).

(BTW: all churches and faiths have this info, some ALOT more detailed info than others, but each has AT LEAST 4 or so pages.
Aww. Oh well. I might pick it up later on, then. I was hoping for a bit more info on the crazy Cthulhu-esque cults. :)

Remove ads