• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I have faiths of Eberron

Stone Dog

Adventurer
Kesh said:
Aww. Oh well. I might pick it up later on, then. I was hoping for a bit more info on the crazy Cthulhu-esque cults. :)
The problem with that, at least from what I have always read from Keith Baker, is that the cults are far far too diverse to really pin down all that much. They seem to worship any combination of Khyber, abberations, Lords of Dust, fiends, Daelkyr and/or raw madness itself. The only unifying feature that I can tell is the reverence and worship of "Bad Stuff in the Deeps."

The way I see it is the Cults of the Dragon Below can handle any and all cults devoted to the Mythos, Demon Princes, Lords of the Nine or even simple monsters just so long as you focus the attention downwards.

I even used Pazuzu as a Cult focus once. Evil things were allowed to fly, but with chains and weights to keep them mindful of the imprisonment suffered by the Prince of the Air. Non evil flyers are usually crucified to the floor or simply killed and thier wings pierced with chains to be used for decorations. Kind of like Radiant Idols actually, but twisted about till they matched what I really wanted out of them.

I don't know, but since there is a beholder prominent in Shackled City perhaps that AP can be reworked to be the focus of a Cult of the Dragon Below.

Grymar

Explorer
Yeah Stone Dog, I agree. Cults of the Dragon Below are just an odd mix and hard to pin down, that's why I like them. When the players come up against CotDB they have no clue who or what may be behind the cult. Very flexible.

Glyfair

Explorer
Stone Dog said:
The problem with that, at least from what I have always read from Keith Baker, is that the cults are far far too diverse to really pin down all that much

True, though he has written an article for Dragon on the topic of the CotDB

lukelightning

First Post
I like the Cults of the Dragon Below being ill-defined and vague. As many have pointed out, they are hardly unified, and this way the DM has free-reign to make up Cults as needed. So the Cult of the Dragon's Dream is very different from the Cult of Khyber's Breath.

And the PCs can't say "Ah-hah, a priest with a black leather hat with ceremonial horns and a heavy pick... it's another Dragon Below cleric...

chaotix42

First Post
Remathilis said:
Argent Fist

Req: LG, Bab+5, Know(religion) 4 ranks, Monastic OR Knight training, Imp Unarmed Strike, Evasion, Smite Evil, Turn undead, silver flame deity, join the order

d10 hd, 4 + int skills

Bab Cleric, Good Fort and Will

1.) Aesthetic Knight (as feat, CV) Ki Focus (special monk weapons can use ki strikes), stunning smite (add argent fist level to stun DC when using smite)
2.) Holy Armor (retain monk wis to AC in armor), ki strike silver
3.) Balm of Silver Flame (spend a turn attempt to double hp you heal 1 rd)
4.) Smite Evil 1/day
5.) Wrath of Silver Flame (spend a turn attempt to give your hands +2d6 holy damage, 5+ cha rounds)
6.) --
7.) Ki Strike Cold Iron
8.) Mettle (as Hexblade or Pious Templar)
9.) Smite Evil 2/day
10.) Embrace the Silver Flame (spend a turn attempt, you can now (pick 1) either a.) gain fast healing equal to your wis mod b.) spend 1 AP to gain a move action, c.)shed light as per daylight, d.) cause evil outsiders, lycanthropes, and undead -2 to attack and 2d6 damage in 60' radius e.)automatically confirm crits against undead, evil outsiders, and lycanthropes (and you can crit undead using this) All of this for 5+ cha mod in rounds).

LOL

Remove ads