D&D 5E I have the DMG!

Mearls implied that that the modules weren't in the book and would be put in Unearthed Arcana articles. Are there different rules modules like that one would see in UA that were said to be there?

Unearthed Arcana articles? Where would these appear? Digital support is kind of in flux right now.

Zaran

Adventurer
He mentioned on his AMA that L&L "could" go away and a new named article that has all the stuff pulled from the DMG like the Kender and Warforged would be given for free. Many of think this would be called Unearth Arcana. I'm just wondering if all the optional rules modules were pulled because they didn't seem to be listed in the Table of Contents nor have they been talked about lately.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Spell point option exists?
Yes. You get a number of spell points (and the maximum level that you can cast) depending on your level. You get 4 at 1st level, 6 at 2nd, 14 at 3rd, 64 at 10th level and 133 at 20th level. You can only cast a spell of each level per day at 6ht and above, no matter how many points you have.

Paladins and rangers halve their level and eldritch knights and arcane tricksters use one third of their level.

A 1st level spell costs 2 points, 3 at 3rd, and then 5, 6, 7, 9, 10 and 11 at 9th level.

Last edited:

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Mearls implied that that the modules weren't in the book and would be put in Unearthed Arcana articles. Are there different rules modules like that one would see in UA that were said to be there?
You're right, I had forgotten that. It then makes sense that the "variants" described in the book are just short suggestions.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Holy broken street date, Batman! It's not due for release at preferred stores for nearly two weeks, and regular stores for three!

Remove ads