• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I love my friends but I want to kill one of them, Help me.

warlord

First Post
Its not just that guy. Captain F has a best friend who happens to hate me because I get along with his girlfriend. I've never made a move on this girl but he still doesn't like me because I'm all sensitive and flirty. Is it bad that I flirt with almost everyone?

Tewligan

First Post
warlord said:
Is it bad that I flirt with almost everyone?
Noooo, of course not! Hell, guys LOVE it when other guys flirt with their girlfriends!

Jesus, man, are you really surprised that these guys don't like you when you're apparently actively flirting with their girlfriends? You're lucky no one's beaten your ass yet, if that's the way you act in a group of people without regard for their relationships.

warlord

First Post
I'm flirty guy. I wasn't aware it was that bad. The girls know nothing is going to happen so I assumed the boyfriend would know it was just innocent flirting. Its not like these two are the only one's I flirt with. I seriously flirt with everyone including lesbians and heterosexual men. I figured it was harmless. Am I doomed to be that guy that everyone's girlfriend loves but who is in danger of being decapitated by half the male population?

Last edited:

fett527

First Post
warlord said:
I'm flirty guy. I wasn't aware it was that bad. The girls know nothing is going to happen so I assumed the boyfriend would know it was just innocent flirting. Its not like these two are the only one's I flirt with. I seriously flirt with everyone including lesbians and heterosexual men. I figured it was harmless. Am I doomed to be that guy that everyone's girlfriend loves but who is in danger of being decapitated by half the male population?

Doomed? Do you understand what self-fulfilling prophecy means?

Anti-Sean

First Post
I'd suggest grinding on lower level women for a while (FNARR FNARR) until you level up enough to take on the high level challenge of a woman who already has a significant other. While you might be able to get lucky with one now, the level gap would mean that you wouldn't earn any experience for it.

Thornir Alekeg

Albatross!
warlord said:
I'm flirty guy. I wasn't aware it was that bad. The girls know nothing is going to happen so I assumed the boyfriend would know it was just innocent flirting. Its not like these two are the only one's I flirt with. I seriously flirt with everyone including lesbians and heterosexual men. I figured it was harmless.
The problem is, even if nothing is going to happen, the guys don't want to end up being compared to you. One of the couples gets into a fight and the line "Why can't you be sweet and funny, like Warlord?" gets tossed into the mix. That's why the guys don't like you being all flirty with their girlfriends. Sounds to me like you are better friends with the girls. That will be seen more as a threat than just innocent flirting.

Am I doomed to be that guy that everyone's girlfriend loves but who is in danger of being decapitated by half the male population?
If you don't want this to happen, I would suggest not starting a new D&D group just with the girls and then asking one of their boyfriends if you could borrow their copy of the BOEF.

FickleGM

Explorer
Either way you're doomed. On one hand, you flirt with other people's girlfriends, which could lead to an ass-whoopin'. On the other hand, you're every girl's friend, which will lead to many lonely nights.

Keep up the good work Cassanova.

Remove ads