I Think My Gaming Imagination Is Animated Or Painted

Kaodi

Hero
Does anyone else, like me, find that when they imagine the worlds their characters are in that what they see in their mind's eye in art rather than realism? I kind of wonder if this is a deficiency of imagination on my part. But when I think about Pathfinder for instance what I imagine is basically an impressionistic version of Wayne A. Reynolds rather than say something that looks like Thor: Ragnarok. What do you guys find?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
My imagination tends to run like I'm watching an 80's action movie, so hey. I suppose ones early influences do have an effect on their psyche

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, I'd say I see art rather than photo-realism. Hasn't really thought about it until now.

Lylandra

Adventurer
Definitely artsy. Might be due to being exposed to lots and lots of fantasy artwork in RPG books.

Sometimes, however, I find myself looking at random people or characters in TV shows and think "okay, this one looks TOTALLY like NPC X or PC Z". In fact, one of my contacts in uni looks exactly like a modern version of one of my campaign's baddies.

basically an impressionistic version of Wayne A. Reynolds

Okay this one blows my mind and I'd really like to see someone take on an impressionistic version of WARs art (which I consider to be more comic style expressionistic) :D

MarkB

Legend
Call it lack of imagination on my part, but my mental images of what's happening in-game don't tend to come with an art style.

Remove ads