• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I Want More D&D Reprint Books!

graves3141

First Post
I love that WotC reprinted the past editions of D&D so everyone can play the version of the game they like the best.

But, how about a few more reprints? I know I'd love a reprint of the old Rules Cyclopedia hardcover book as well as a few more of the 1E adventures compiled together into hardcover versions just like Against the Giants and Dungeons of Dread. Specifically, I want T1-4 The Temple of Elemental Evil and GDQ1-7 Queen of the Spiders in hardcover format but I'd be open to other stuff too.

So, what do you guys think? Are there still some books that you think WotC should release again? If so, which ones?

delericho

Legend
Sadly, I think that if they were going to do any more reprints, they'd have done some of them by now.

Still, I'd be happy to see some adventure series' being reprinted: T1-4 and GDQ are good suggestions, and I would also suggest the B, X, and I series.

graves3141

First Post
Sadly, I think that if they were going to do any more reprints, they'd have done some of them by now.

Still, I'd be happy to see some adventure series' being reprinted: T1-4 and GDQ are good suggestions, and I would also suggest the B, X, and I series.

The B and X series would be excellent and would go nicely with a Rules Cyclopedia reprint. I also agree that the I3-5 Desert of Desolation series would make a worthy hardcover as well.

The 1E Fiend Folio and 1E Monster Manual II would be nice too. I don't see any reason for WotC not to reprint more of the old stuff, especially since they aren't bothering to produce anything for 5E except for the adventure paths.

delericho

Legend
The 1E Fiend Folio and 1E Monster Manual II would be nice too. I don't see any reason for WotC not to reprint more of the old stuff, especially since they aren't bothering to produce anything for 5E except for the adventure paths.

Possibly bad timing: they've announced a setting book this week. :)

The only real reason I don't expect any more reprints is that they've not announced any: if they were going to happen, I would have thought they'd have happened by now. Well, that and those products are now all available as PDFs, which cuts into the market somewhat.

Li Shenron

Legend
So, what do you guys think? Are there still some books that you think WotC should release again? If so, which ones?

I think that it's about time for all D&D books to become available as both PDF (even tho I hate digital books) and print-on-demand.

I do not believe anymore that it can't be cost effective, because recently I was able to buy print-on-demand scientific books that have been originally made more than 20 years ago from McGrawHill (and were out of print for 10-15 years), at a price less than that of similar newly released books.

Remove ads