• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

I want to see D20 <fill-in-the-blank> [Thread from 2002]

Aryoche

Explorer
Well, with the announcement of D20 Modern, it seems to me it would be rather easy to make just about any of the settings/games everone is listing here. All it would take is time and creativity... now if I only had more time....

Though I must say, the snippet about choosing between magical spells and high powered firearms in a "contemporary fantasy setting" sounds vaguely like a game I've seen mentioned more than once on the wish lists...

Sulimo

First Post
A2Z said:
I've always wanted to see the Darksword world done for D&D. I have the Darksword Adventures book but the game system wasn't very good. I think a modified channeling system (WoT) would work well to simulate the magic in the books. Along the same line a Deathgate Cycle setting would be really cool to play.

Perhaps. I have the adventures book arounnd here too. havent read the novels for many years. havent even read the recent sequel. Have you read it? Legacy of the Darksword it was called.

I quite liked the technology/magic mix in that, at least from the vague memories I have of it.

A2Z

Explorer
Sulimo said:

Perhaps. I have the adventures book arounnd here too. havent read the novels for many years. havent even read the recent sequel. Have you read it? Legacy of the Darksword it was called.

I quite liked the technology/magic mix in that, at least from the vague memories I have of it.
I did read the latest one. It wasn't as good as the first books, although I didn't think it was bad. It contains a lot more science fiction in it as it occurs after Thimhalen had been dicovered. It also introduces the orders of technomancers/sorcerers who were left behind when the rest of the magical population fled to Thimhalen. All in all if you enjoyed the first books it's probably worth it to read. It's not a very large book anyway. Rumor has it they were going to write another book too but I haven't heard anything about that.

EOL

First Post
I didn't have time to read all the posts preceding mine so there's a chance this could have been suggested already, but I would like to see a D20 treatment of Tad Williams Otherlands books.

Mokona

First Post
I'd like to see some Final Fantasy RPG material.

*oh yeah, bump*

Some people in this thread have or will soon get their wish with the likes of D20 Apocalypse for Road Warrior, Game of Thrones d20, Babylon 5 d20, Farscape d20, and Starcraft d20.

I'd really like to see more Amber material so an Amber d20 could be very cool.

Perhaps some Dune d20 as well.

Crothian

First Post
I want Thieves World d20

Yes, I know it is coming...but I want it now. Or at least a preview or something!!! I've been wanting it for a long time now.

Remove ads