I Was A Teenage Monster Maker (submissions welcome!)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
I was thinking of bumping this thread for kicks, but now I don't have to. You guys are the best!

Nice wierdbush, Khisanth, but I think the CR is a bit high. Maybe 19-21, not 30+. Also, the DCs on those attacks should probably be 36, not 23.

Edit: Within the 5+ minutes between this post and this edit, I decided that Khisanth had the right idea. Anybody who wishes to have a critter commented on without creating a new thread is more then welcome. Hopefully, this will encourage first time monster creators and/or posters to show of their creations.

Demiurge out.

Last edited:

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
In celebration of this thread's resurrection, I'm posting another monster of my own. Enjoy!

Fiendish Cattle
Colossal Beast
Hit Dice: 30d10+270 (435 hp)
Initiative: -3 (-3 Dex)
Speed: 5ft
AC: 3 (-8 size, -3 Dex, +4 natural)
Attacks: Bite +30 melee
Damage: Bite 4d6+24
Face/Reach: 40ft by 90ft/20ft
Special Qualities: Fast healing 5, nutritious
Saves: Fort +27, Ref +15, Will+9
Abilities: Str 42, Dex 5, Con 28, Int 2, Wis 10, Cha 3
Skills: Spot +5
Climate/Terrain: The Abyss, Gehenna, The Nine Hells
Organization: Herd (1-20)
Challenge Rating: 21
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: none

Fiendish cattle are massive mounds of flesh bred by the demons, devils and yugoloths to feed Blood War armies.

A fiendish cattle (yes, “cattle” in this case is singular) looks like a massive lump of meat, about 40 feet wide, 90 feet long and 50 feet tall. They have no legs, but instead ooze along on their massive bellies. This mass is not fat, as the fiends need to keep fit, but is instead muscle. Fiendish cattle meat is delicious and nutritious. Instead of plants, fiendish cattle eat rocks, soil and whatever else comes their way, including flesh if need be. Demons often feed their cattle with the corpses of their fallen foes. The cattle were magically engineered from Prime cows to heal quickly. This is so they can be re-used; the fiends lop of a mass of flesh from the cattle, than it has grown back in a matter of minutes.

Combat

Fiendish cattle are very docile creatures and only attack if very provoked (after the loss of about 200 hit points). In combat they use their massive jaws.

Nutritious (Ex): The flesh of fiendish cattle is very nutritious and is completely converted into energy by the metabolisms of outsiders and humanoids alike. A creature that eats fiendish cattle meat gains a +1 bonus to all of its attack rolls and saving throws for 24 hours. Eating more fiendish cattle meat does not have a cumulative effect.

I boosted the weirdbush's SR, the damage of its Rainbow Force (from 2d6 to 3d6) and its Acid Burst (from 15d6 to 25d6), let it use Scour twice per day, and gave it an Acid Strike for 40d6. Now is it CR 36?

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Khisanth, I was thinking more mod the CR and less mod the monster, but that works too. I'd say it's closer to CR 27-28 now. 30+ almost always have epic DRs and hp counts much less for CR at epic levels.
I still think it's a good critter, just a little less of a bang for the CR. I just know that the 27th level party I DMed a few months back could have wasted this thing in two rounds.:rolleyes:

Demiurge out.

Frilf

Explorer
Hey, guys! This is some funny stuff (love the steam weasel especially). I'm slapping together a little tome of insanity for next year's April 1 release and would like to know if any of you here would like to contribute to it? You can email me privately (silverthornegames@yahoo.com) or you can post here on the boards - whichever you prefer. Thanks for your time!

BTW, we've posted a couple "templates" here to give you a taste of what we're trying to do: www.silverthornegames.com/free_stuff.htm.

Thanks again!
Ian

Ok, Frilf :
Dire Amoeba
Fine Animal
Hit Dice: 1d8-4 (1hp)
Initiative: -4 (-4 Dex, +0 Improved Initiative)
Speed: 10ft., swim 10ft.
AC: 14 (+8 size,-4 Dex, +0 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 14
Attacks: Slam +4 (+0 Base, -4 Str, +8 size)
Damage: Slam 1d2-4
Face/Reach: 1/2 ft./0
Special Qualities: Restorative body
Saves: Fort -2, Ref -2, Will -5
Abilities: Str 3, Dex 3, Con 3, Int - , Wis 1, Cha 1
Skills: Swim + 18
Feats: -
Climate/Terrain: Any aquatic or underground
Organization: Solitary or infection (3-24)
Challenge Rating: 0.5
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always Neutral
Advancement: -

The dire amoeba is a blob of jelly. This small animal is too large to infect creatures; however, sages refer to a group of dire amoebas as an "infection". Once every 200 years, dire amoebas are found in infections of 10-100 rather than 3-24. However, some are still solitary. This lasts one year and is known as the "epidemic" by sages.
COMBAT
A dire amoeba simply slams its opponents in combat. Too stupid to flee, it simply fights to the death.
Restorative Body (Ex): A dire amoeba heals 1 hit point per turn, not round.

Last edited:

Wouldn't the dire Amoeba have an intelligence of "-"? "1" usually is reserved for stupider animals, like reptiles, fish, mollusks, amphibians, and some of the more inane birds and mammals. "-" is more apropriate for the less self-concious or sentient creatures, such as arthropods and one-celled organisms.

Remove ads