• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E i4e: new 4th edition character sheet replacement for iPhone

mpattee

First Post
i4e 1.3.0 is going into beta testing this week and will be submitted to the app store in the beginning of March. It includes some major updates that will resolve a lot of the outstanding issues with the app today.

• Online editing after import of .dnd4e files. Once you've imported a .dnd4e file you can edit it through the web browser instead of being forced to use the small keyboard on the iPhone. Also if you have a subscription to D&D Insider a sub window will be shown for powers and such that can be looked up on the compendium for easy reference.
  • Condition tracking to help you to remember all those things that happen to your character throughout a session.
  • New power layout that sorts powers by action type and displays first line of description.
  • Item based powers that are limited by your item uses per day and show up in the powers section.
  • New Critical damage section on powers, shows calculated maximum damage.
  • Ritual section to track information on rituals.
  • Additive experience button so you can simply tap the button, enter how much experience you gained for the session and it will do the math for you.

new_power_listing.png

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
Awesome. I'm looking forward to it.
Also if you have a subscription to D&D Insider a sub window will be shown for powers and such that can be looked up on the compendium for easy reference.
Does this mean that it'll include the power description when you open up a power?

mpattee

First Post
Right. I meant, without having to write it manually. With the pop-up window, will it be easier to cut-and-paste the info?

Yes, with the new online editor if you have a DDI account it should show the power if it can find it in the compendium on the screen where you edit that power. You can then selectively copy from the compendium window and paste into the power description field that will be pulled into i4e.

Even if you don't have DDI just being able to type on a full sized keyboard is a huge improvement.

Mike

Atlatl Jones

Explorer
Have I mentioned that I absolutely love this app? I've been using it to track my character, and was surprised at how much easier it makes playing the game. And it sounds like my two biggest quibbles with it - condition tracking and an easier way to enter power text - will be fixed in the next version.

As a stopgap measure, this app makes it much easier to transfer power writeups and other text from your computer to i4e. With it, you type or paste text into a website, and the text shows up in the iPhone app. From there, it's simple to cut and paste it into i4e.

Malifor

First Post
Powers Tab

> New power layout that sorts powers by action type and displays first line of description.

Is there a way to keep the old Power Layout if it is prefered to the new one?

mpattee

First Post
There isn't a way to toggle the power sorting, however, they are still color coded based on the type of power they are. If you really miss the old version I can look at possibly having some sort of a toggle in a later version. I don't think you'll miss it though.

Mike

Kage

First Post
I gotta say, mpattee, I love this app! Best iPhone char sheet app by far!

I do like the layout of the powers as they are, but I'm willing to defer to your wisdom regarding the new layout. Addition of the Conditions tab will be a big plus, too.

Quick question... Is there a way to take into account more than one attack per power? For example, Rangers can attack twice per round with Twin Strike, but if he is using two different weapons then you'd effectively have to write up two separate Twin Strike powers to keep track of each weapon's attack bonus, damage, range, etc. Is there any way that, once the power is open on the screen, you could tab through that power to view it with different, pre-prepared weapons?

Cheers!

Remove ads