• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E i4e: new 4th edition character sheet replacement for iPhone

mpattee

First Post
I'm glad so many people are enjoying the app.

Keep in mind the change to powers is just the list of powers as shown above in the screenshot. The nice thing about this is you never really ask yourself what encounter powers do I have left. You ask yourself what standard actions do I have left. You can still see if a power is a encounter or a daily by the color, but in addition you can see if its a minor or a standard action as well.

With regard to the double weapon stats on things like twin strike. I'll have to give that some thought. If I can figure out a simple solution (seems doubtful) I'll try to get it into 1.3. Most likely it will come sometime after 1.3 though. I'll definitely give it some thought though.

Mike

mpattee

First Post
I gotta say, mpattee, I love this app! Best iPhone char sheet app by far!

I do like the layout of the powers as they are, but I'm willing to defer to your wisdom regarding the new layout. Addition of the Conditions tab will be a big plus, too.

Quick question... Is there a way to take into account more than one attack per power? For example, Rangers can attack twice per round with Twin Strike, but if he is using two different weapons then you'd effectively have to write up two separate Twin Strike powers to keep track of each weapon's attack bonus, damage, range, etc. Is there any way that, once the power is open on the screen, you could tab through that power to view it with different, pre-prepared weapons?

Cheers!

I think the easiest way to do this would be to have both weapons setup in the app, then you could just go into the edit of the twin strike power and switch the weapon and come back and see its values. Not an ideal solution but one that would only take about 5 taps to switch between.

mpattee

First Post
I submitted i4e 2.0 to the app store last night. The new import site is up and ready if any of you would like to give it a try. Unfortunately it will require that you have a .dnd4e file to start from. I'd love to hear any feedback on the site, just go to i4e.cordax.net and follow the link to the 2.0 import site.

Mike

mpattee

First Post
i4e 2.0 is now available through the iTunes app store. You can find it here. You can access the new online editing for characters at i4e Import Manager, you will see a link to the 2.0 import site. Upload a .dnd4e file or save a character from the application and then you can edit all the information online. If you have a DDI account you can access most of the information while editing.

mpattee

First Post
i4e 2.1 hit the iTunes store yesterday and includes support for iOS4, some UI changes, and a fix to make only daily item powers go against item uses.

i4e 2.2 is in development and should be submitted soon and includes iPad support. If you'd like to see screenshots of the iPad app in progress check out the Cordax forums.

Mike

Sutekh

First Post
Was just about to say.. what about us IPAD users! without an Iphone :)... then I just noticed the latest post... excellent. Ill definetly be buying it for my ipad.

mpattee

First Post
It took longer than I wanted but, i4e is now available on iPad. The new version of i4e has been converted into a Universal app containing both iPhone and iPad native version of the app. You can find the app here.
  • - Improved support for importing from DDI Character Builder
  • - Augmented power tracking and power points
  • - Easier power editing, multiple attack types
  • - Completely re-designed iPad interface
  • - Custom keyboards to help speed entry
  • - Updated import site to allow you to edit everything using a full sized keyboard
  • - Import site also has links to DDI entries so that you can easily copy/paste information

falcarrion

First Post
I just recently downloaded the update for my Ipad. This is just Fantastic.You did an incredable job. I can't wait to try it out at my next gaming session.
Two questions though.
1. Is there a way for me to transfer a 2.0 version character to the new version?
2. Is there a way to export the sheet from the Ipad back to the website in case I do changes on the sheet in the Ipad?

Remove ads