IA: A Teacher for Laynie

Bront

The man with the probe
"I hope so my friend. Please, stay the night at least, and head off in the morning. Dinner's on me."

Vanitri laughs, "Figures, never can count on them to be on time. Did she leave a message?"

OOC: Well, other than having Merrean detect magic on them, he'd have to get them appraised, the book meanwhile Laynie can tear into. I'll deduct that once it's all ready. (I want XPs too :p)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"She was bemused that you weren't there, since she had said she would meet you then, I think she said 'Men. They always wander off when there's something shiny that distracts them.' "

(OOC: Mearran says that they all detect as magical except the gems)

Bront

The man with the probe
"Oh well, so be it."

"Laynie, do you know what this book says?"

OOC: Vaniti will probably have to get them both identified. Any idea how much that costs?

Bront

The man with the probe
"I'm asking you to try now. Be careful though. I'm thinking it might be a spell book."

Vanitri will watch her as she tries to read a little bit of it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Umm...okay," Laynie opens the book to the first page, "This page says 'Property of the Opal Princess' and that's it."

*She flips some more pages.*

"Then after that, the other pages have some magic runes and stuff."

Bront

The man with the probe
"The Opal Princess hrm? We'll have to find out who that is."

OOC: Vanitri will see if he can find out any history on the Opal Princess (Gather Info?), as well as find a reputable place to ID the items. He'll get the wand ID'd first, and sell it if need be. I'm willing to sort of half RP though this just to speed it up.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Okay, sure. The people around town don't seem to know who the Opal Princess is, but he is able to find the location of a merchant with a tiny bit of arcane prowess who deals in rare curios. The merchant offers identification services for 150 gold, with 50 gold cashback if it is a permanent magic item that you then sell to him)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Sure, sounds good. I take it he hasn't heard of the opal Princess (and isn't lying as far as Vanitri can tell)? What's he say the wand/like item is and what's it worth to him?

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: He hasn't heard of the Opal Princess either. After ponying up the gold, he identifies the wandlike item as a spell nexus, which is a tool used by ancient Wizards to augment their magical abilities, much like the Wizard's staff that wizards in stories always have and not just a stick with charges of a single spell. He's willing to pay 2,000 gold for it, but he seems hesistant, and when pressed, he admits that it is almost certainly worth more to those who wish to pursue arcane studies, but he can't afford to pay more than that for any item because that is his GP limit.)

Remove ads