• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Against the Slavelords

Forged Fury

First Post
"Sounds like we might not get a better opportunity to look into this," Brak said, showing a slight flicker of wisdom. The warrior, however, looked toward the farmstead, figuring whoever lived there might have more information about the bear itself, given that the tracks were so close.

GreenKarl

First Post
Around the hill is indeed another homestead, but the group notices that there are a lot of people talking fast and fairly loud around the main-house. It seems some of the young men and women who protecdt the cattle and goats while they are grazing in the hills found something... a number of ork bodies! They were killed last night as the bodies where not there yesterday. There is a lot of debate whether or not they should light the signal fires to muster their militia or not. One of the younger women with a bow notices the group and points you out to the rest of them.

A silence falls over the homesteads as they all turn towards the party with hands reaching towards weapons...

BlueLotus

Explorer
[section]
"Hmm. More strange tidings. I wonder if we will discover that they were killed by a bear..." Levanna said aloud as she spotted the orc bodies. Too many strange coincidences were forming a pattern, in her mind.

"Easy there! We mean no harm," Levanna said, raising her hands when the young woman aimed her bow at the group. She bent at the knee and carefully placed her staff on the ground before her. "Please lower your weapon. We are travelers not looking for an ugly situation."
[/section]

[sblock='Mini Stat Block']
Levanna (Wizard 5) 5th level
Initiative: +1 Perception: +2
Passive Perception: 12
Passive Investigation: 17
Speed: 30'

AC: 11
HP 32/32

In Hand:Quarterstaff
Off Hand: None

Spell Save DC: 14

Prepared Spells:
1st: Mage Armor, Shield, Feather Fall, Magic Missile,
2nd: Misty Step, Suggestion, Invisibility, Flaming Sphere
3rd: Counterspell

Spell slots remaining/Spell slots total:
1st: 4/4/4
2nd: 3/3/3
3rd: 2/2

Active Spells (c) denotes concentration

Character Sheet
[/sblock]

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 5 (Life)

Road south of Elredd
Day 2/Midday

Tirion held out empty hands as he slowly approached the group of farmers. “Greetings, good folk,” he said. “We are merely travelers and wish you no ill. What seems to be the problem?” the cleric asked. “Is there any aid we might offer you?”

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Conditions: Guidance

Inspiration: 0

Initiative: +0
Perception: +4 (Passive: 14)
Speed: 30
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 33/33 HD: 5/5d8
Main Hand: None

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: (Bless, Cure Wounds), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: (Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon), Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness
3rd: (Beacon of Hope, Revivify), Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 4/4
2nd: 3/3
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
The crowd listens wearily and then three of them approach the group... two women and one man. They are all dressed in studded leather and carrying weapons. A matronly grey hair woman carrying a long spear looks everyone over and replies "Strangers ant common nor welcome here. Too many problems. You say you are not looking for trouble and offer help, but many others have spoken should silky words only to try and gain some advantage or to harm my family. Our business is our own..."

The man with the group, wielding a shield and a sheathed longsword speaks up then "I recon these are the folks that camped out at Drier's place last night. Word is they caused no troubles and they look pretty well armed. Might not be a bad idea to let them knowing whats up around heres."

The older woman does not seem to want to agree but then shrugs "Mayhaps yes and Mayhaps not. I suppose. Ork raiders have been hitting the outer homesteads around here, every a fortnight or so. But last night a big group hit the Ownden's place about a mile south of here. They killed a couple of men and got into their stables and made off with some livestock. Then this morning we find some more orks dead up in the hills, within arrow shot of our place here. Not sure what killed them, but there were big old bear prints around the area. Probably the same bear a lot of folks have been seeing the prints of, don't know. We thinks the orks were scouts for the bigger mob that hit the Owndens and now we are debating whats to do next."

The other woman, in her mid 20s, with raven black hair and also carrying a shield and sheathed sword then speaks up "I still thinks we should light the signal fires and gather up the families. These orks are growing too bold."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Tirion Cayde, Cleric Level 5 (Life)

Road south of Elredd
Day 2/Midday

Tirion listened carefully to the homesteaders’ problems and looked at the others. “We were on our way to see a Farmer Hakan about possibly getting some horses for our journey,” he told the farmers. “Perhaps we could assist you with your problems.”

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Conditions: Guidance

Inspiration: 0

Initiative: +0
Perception: +4 (Passive: 14)
Speed: 30
AC: 20 (plate and shield)
HP: 33/33 HD: 5/5d8
Main Hand: None

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips: Guidance, Thaumaturgy, Mending, Sacred Flame
1st: (Bless, Cure Wounds), Healing Word, Guiding Bolt, Command
2nd: (Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon), Prayer of Healing, Hold Person, Blindness/Deafness
3rd: (Beacon of Hope, Revivify), Spirit Guardians, Dispel Magic, Mass Healing Word

Spell Slots Remaining/Total
1st: 4/4
2nd: 3/3
[/sblock]

GreenKarl

First Post
The older woman eyes Tirion wearily but noting his armor and mannerism she asks "Are you a noble by chance? From where I wonder as we have few gentry in these parts. To much worked to be done for them to be handy. But your lot looks like they know what they are doing with their weapons so mayhaps..."

Glancing at the man she adds "What do you think Ross?"

He replies "Not everyone we meets these days is working for that runt baron Ragnar. I say we shows them the dead orks and they can helps if they want or move along if not."

Looking back to Tirion she nods "OK if you want to help we will see. The ork bodies are just up on that hill yonder" she pointing to a nearby hill. "If you want to go have a look see, be my guess."

Anyone climbing up the hill will easily find the spot. The remains of five torn apart orks are shattered in the area. Their fallen and broken weapons mixed in with their remains.

GM: OCC -Posting some rolls in the OCC for Cedric White

Cedric looks around the group with a rangers eye and speaks up "Looks like that big bear was here and killed this lot. I am not sure where they came from, the trails is cold. But the bear prints lead south. It took care of this raiders and then it crossed the road just south of here. I would say really early this morning. I could maybe pick up the ork trail but I am going to need some time to look around..."

Forged Fury

First Post
Brak Blood-Bear, 5th Level Barbarian

Brak squatted next to the orcs, checking to see if the bear had failed to devour any of their less edible possessions. He smiled grimly, "This is a bear I can appreciate..." he muttered to himself.

OOC: Searching the corpses for any clues or valuables.

Remove ads