D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Triboar

Yavathol

Explorer

The left side of Gul's face ever so briefly twitches as he realises that Ilshana's spell has worked, then he forces a smile at her, "Good job!"

Looking over at the giant, he contributed some additional questions, "Are you expecting reinforcements, or do you know of any other danger to Triboar?
Where did the Duke want you to take the Vonindod to?
I know that piece is just a part of the whole - do you know how many pieces there are, and how many does the Duke currently possess?"

[sblock=status]Gul hp 25/30 Temp.hp 0
Str +0 Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +0(+3 Saves), Cha +2(+5 Saves)
Arcana +6, Religion +6, Investigation +6, Stealth +5 (disadvantage), Survival +3, Concentration +1
AC 18
Inspiration no
Concentrating:

Spells/day: 1/4 0/2
Pact Magic(1st): 1/2
HD: 3d6+2d8/3d6+2d8
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ng-s-Thunder&p=6897185&viewfull=1#post6897185
[/sblock]

Jago

Explorer
~ " Then by blood, be at rest."

It was a quick sentiment, as was the flash of Koldan's sabers. The steel bit through the air and then into the neck of the Giant, the Ranger aiming to make the kill quick and clean. There was no need to draw this out any further, he felt, and no need to prolong the thing's suffering: that was not the way he had been taught, regardless of his personal feelings on the matter.

When the deed was done, he breathed in slowly, then set to wash the blades of the warm, sticky crimson coating to them.

" I must make it to Waterdeep," he stated simply while tending to his equipment, " They must be warned of this disturbance. Giants roving for lost weapons means a lot of us small folk could be trampled underneath."

GreenKarl

First Post
Uric grunts in approval at the giants demise. Too Gul and Koldan (and any other's nearby) he says "Hail and well meet. I am Uric Wargson, son of Aslog. I mean no offense but if I might suggestion... while warning Waterdeep and all of the North is important, there are many riders and messenger birds here that could well preform such duties. Mayhaps even magic? I think many of us may well want to check this Ironslag, where ever it might be..."

Shayuri

First Post
"Well that's kind of the thing," Ilshana points out brightly. "Going to Waterdeep isn't just about warning them...it's also got lots of sages and libraries and people who know waaaaaaaaaaaaay more about these kinds of things than we do. That giant didn't give us a lot to go on, in the end. We could really stand to find more out."

Jago

Explorer
~ " Well met, Uric, Son of Aslog," Koldan returned the greeting, finally sheathing his weapons and letting his shoulders relax for the first time. With leather-gloved hands, he pulled back the hood of his shoulder-cape, revealing a man towards his late thirties, complete with touches of silver along the outskirts of his hair and the fine layer of stubble upon his cheeks and chin. He held out a hand to the younger swordsman.

" Koldan," he identified himself, " Of Easthaven, from the Dale."

He listened to the conversation between Uric and the Half-Elf woman, smiling tightly as he realized that these people thought they were coming with him. The Ranger was about to (politely) let them down on such a notion, but stayed his tongue. Had they not handled themselves against fire giants? Was not Triboar in massive debt to them as well?

The emotion was clear on his face; though admiring these adventurers, Koldan was not entirely sure what to make of them, especially on the road. By himself, he knew he could move swiftly as needed and could protect himself. Adding others ...

" Ironslag would have even more Fire Giants and their ilk," he finally added to the dialog, " It would be beyond dangerous. We don't rightly know what this 'Weapon' really is, only that we kept a piece of it out of their hands."

He sighed. He was going to break a rule of his, and he didn't want to. Koldan regarded Uric and the red-haired fey-touched woman and closed his eyes tight, sliding them back open with a sense of clarity.

" The girl is right. We don't know what we're dealing with, and I'm not about to march off alone against a possible army of these creatures," he declared, emphasizing his point by tapping his boot against the outstretched arm of the dead giant.

" Messenger birds can be intercepted, and Triboar does not strike me as the place with a cabal of mages to pay and send a message such a distance. Maybe Yartar, possibly, but overland would be guaranteed; the Waterdhavians could help support this area better than we could by waltzing up into the mountains and being crushed, or worse."

Koldan stroked at his facial hair.

" The giants in Ironslag would be waiting for more pieces of this 'Vonindod' as it were - we have time. And speaking of we, I assume the interest means I'm not headed to Waterdeep alone."

He rolled his gaze over to Ilshana, wondering if this was truly worth it. At least she wanted to help - Uric too. Possibly the others. A regular old 'adventuring party' as he had come across so often in Icewind Dale.

" What is your name, Mage ..?" ~

Yavathol

Explorer

"I am Gul Torast," the armored man replies, before seeing that Koldan was not looking his way, "Oh, you meant the lady! Sorry, but I too am a mage; actually I learnt at a college in Waterdeep."

A concerned look crosses his face, "I'm not overly keen to return there, but if needs must. You all seem very capable, and since I share your concerns, I am willing to accompany you.

An alternate plan might be to use this staff I have taken from the other giant; I believe I can use it to locate other fragments of the Vonindod! Of course, both that option and taking this piece to Waterdeep carry the risk that we will ambushed by other fire giants on the way. I do not yet have the power to teleport us, but maybe it would be quicker to go to Yartar and down the Dessarin river?"

OOC:
I think there may be more NPCs I'd like to talk to in Triboar, possibly, unless people are in a rush to go to Waterdeep. Creamsteak, did you want to join the two groups in Waterdeep?

Do I have to attune to the staff in order to use it? Shayuri, would it be better if Ilshana had it?

[sblock=status]Gul hp 25/30 Temp.hp 0
Str +0 Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +0(+3 Saves), Cha +2(+5 Saves)
Arcana +6, Religion +6, Investigation +6, Stealth +5 (disadvantage), Survival +3, Concentration +1
AC 18
Inspiration no
Concentrating:

Spells/day: 1/4 0/2
Pact Magic(1st): 1/2
HD: 3d6+2d8/3d6+2d8
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ng-s-Thunder&p=6897185&viewfull=1#post6897185
[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
OOC: Yeah I wanted to merge groups in Waterdeep when both groups are ready. Other group hasn't "picked up quests" just yet. The rod of the vodindod doesn't require attunement I believe.

Yavathol

Explorer
OOC:
It's up to you whether we role-play it in detail or, given the constraints of PBP, simply say that before the party leaves in the morning, Gul will visit all the shop owners and prominent towns folk to ask if they need any errands run or know of anything which might help a group of brave, noble adventurers in defending civilization against marauding giants! ;-P

Remove ads