D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Triboar

Creamsteak

Explorer
Darathra can only add, "The orc riders... we've had raiders like that. Also reports of cultists riding vultures or burrowing landsharks. Fire giants out here would be very far from home. It does seem quite strange, all the more reason to see if more can be uncovered."

Jago

Explorer
~ Koldan nodded, unsettled to hear that his fears were correct: Fire Giants should not have been here. That they were looking for something bode far worse. If this Duke realized that these two had failed, they would probably return at some point.

" Well, we still have one lead."

Drawing a curved sword from his hip, the hunter came up to the fallen Giant, still wondering why he had let it live. Would it have done the same? Perhaps if it wanted him as a slave or some type of trophy. Another memory caused him to grind his teeth; shapes in the snow, melting beneath their massive feet as those they carried off screamed for help.

The tension was palpable in the hard grip he kept on his blade, using it to not-so-gently prod the forehead of the felled creature.

" You came for a Vonindod," he stated, getting right to the point whether or not the thing could hear him, " What is a Vonindod. Why destroy Triboar for it?" ~

Shayuri

First Post
"Well," Ilshana said brightly. "We know the name of the Duke, and the name of the thing he's after, and what they look like...that's not nothing. It's actually quite a bit. Meanwhile, the attack was a complete failure which means we have some time before anyone knows anything went wrong."

She nods her head.

"I figure Waterdeep'll have the answers we need. This giant probably doesn't even KNOW why they're looking for these things. He's just a puppet! A pawn! Dancing on strings!"

Goading someone's pride didn't work as often as the stories implied, but you never knew!

Yavathol

Explorer

Gul caught on to Ilshana's ruse, and contributed "Yeah, I reckon the other giant was the one in charge.".

He moved over to Darathra and quietly spoke to her, "Are there any sages or wizards in town who might know about this object - preferably one that you trust? I have some knowledge in this area, and I can tell it is powerful, but do not know about its history. Also, given that a number of us have assisted in the defence of the town, would you consider selling the object and spliting the proceeds equally amongst us? Including a share for the families of the deceased, of course." He glanced over at the bodies being carried away.

OOC:
If we are unable to trick or persuade him into revealing more, Gul could try a Suggestion spell, so nobody kill him please until I've given that a shot.

Also, if anyone speaks to Gul outside of the giant's hearing, he will freely share that the "Vonindod ring" is just a piece of a powerful magical construct.

Creamsteak, does Gul have any idea how much that Vonindod ring is worth?

[sblock=status]Gul hp 25/30 Temp.hp 0
Str +0 Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +0(+3 Saves), Cha +2(+5 Saves)
Arcana +6, Religion +6, Investigation +6, Stealth +5 (disadvantage), Survival +3, Concentration +1
AC 18
Inspiration no
Concentrating:

Spells/day: 1/4 1/2
Pact Magic(1st): 1/2
HD: 3d6+2d8/3d6+2d8
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ng-s-Thunder&p=6897185&viewfull=1#post6897185
[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
The giant spits and bleeds.

OOC: Creamsteak, does Gul have any idea how much that Vonindod ring is worth?

OOC: It's outside of the realm of most people to know what it's worth. It would also be very hard to scrap. History could be used to find at least one place that could do anything with it.

GreenKarl

First Post
Uric cleans his sword and then goes with the guards to help carry the wounded. He returns after a bit but hangs back and remains quiet, listening to the others. Raiding giants is never good, but he has never heard of them attacking a town of this size before... at least not in his lifetime. Crossing his arms and looking about he waits on more information but he has already made up his mind that he will seek answers and vows to take whatever action is required to help these folk.

Jago

Explorer
~ Koldan continued to keep his eyes on the Fire Giant, his blade digging a little deeper against the flesh of its scarlet forehead. Throughout the exchange, he had kept his expression rigid, allowing the dialog to continue despite his strong desire to end the creature right there. That he had pulled his shot for this malevolent being to sit there and continue to insult them and the people of Triboar was a tragedy: he, the Hunter, was forced to listen to his quarry act as if it had not been prey.

" Mages, you better mess with his mind and force him to cough it up, because I'm getting very tired of listening to this thing," he declared, slowly removing the second blade from his hip to get his point across.

" Either you make it talk or I put it down; miserable bastard though it is, even it doesn't deserve to suffer this long."

There was no care or kindness in his voice at the statement: it was delivered matter-of-factly, that although he greatly wanted to end the Giant's life, there was no pleasure or satisfaction to be gained from the act, not out of mercy nor vengeance. ~

Yavathol

Explorer

Acknowledging Koldan with a nod, Gul gathers his focus and wearily channels the Weave once more, delicately shaping a subtle alteration to the monsters thought processes. "I suggest you cooperate fully with us, since by doing so you accommodate the possibility that we may yet be willing to trade for what you have failed to take by force."

OOC:
Wisdom save DC 14 please:)

[sblock=status]Gul hp 25/30 Temp.hp 0
Str +0 Dex +2, Con +1, Int +3, Wis +0(+3 Saves), Cha +2(+5 Saves)
Arcana +6, Religion +6, Investigation +6, Stealth +5 (disadvantage), Survival +3, Concentration +1
AC 18
Inspiration no
Concentrating: Suggestion

Spells/day: 1/4 0/2
Pact Magic(1st): 1/2
HD: 3d6+2d8/3d6+2d8
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...ng-s-Thunder&p=6897185&viewfull=1#post6897185
[/sblock]

Remove ads