• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E [IC] Creamsteak's Storm King's Thunder: Waterdeep

Creamsteak

Explorer
As the party hides in the ruins of the town Fylo, the priest, pledges the assistance of the Zhentarim to keep the Lords' Alliance and other groups from interfering in the fire giants' search for the Vonindod fragments, on the condition that hte adamantine colossus not be used to attack settlements or parts thereof without the Black Network's consent. Fylo mentions Moongleam Tower in Everlund as a likely target to illustrate his point.

Gundahella, the fire giant, agrees to Fylo's terms and tells him that Duke Zalto is going to release a Zhentarim prisoner currently being held in Ironslag as a token of good faith; she doesn't know the Zhent by name, only that he's a dwarf.

Fylo gives Gundahella a metal flask and a map, as well as instructions of where to meet some drow that should know secret ways into Gauntlgrym lost to the dwarves. Gundahella gives the Zhent a silver ball roughly the size of a small fist.

The meeting concludes with Gundahella and her force leaving towards the north, and Fylo dispatches his flying snake with a scroll towards the south-west. It looks like his forces intend to set up camp in the ruins.

Yavathol

Explorer
"Hmm, " Gul ponders, "What is the significance of the flask? I was hoping we could track Gundahella to the Fire Giant base, but it seems likely she is going instead to meet some drow. I don't know if we want to fight either a priest and 28 thugs nor a fire giant and 20 hobgoblins!

Let's make a note of where they are going to meet the drow, and maybe report what we have found to the Lords Alliance or to the ruler of Gauntlgrym? And there are still the mysterious sky creatures somewhere in the Evermoors, with their marionnettes.."

OOC:
Do we know if Silverymoon is a member of the Lords Alliance, or else where the nearest Lords Alliance town is?

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros is honorable, strong and valiant. He is dependable, and his blue blood always allowed him to use his charm more than his wit. However, this was getting complicated: Giants wanting to build a staff, Zhentarim, drows, a dwarf? Fortunately, the gods had given the gift of insight to others in his group, and he was more than glad to let them talk it out.

Yavathol

Explorer
Seeing that Davaros was getting a little confused, Gul tried to clarify things, smiling gently at the noble warrior, Gauntlgrym is ruled by good dwarves. There are bad dwarves working for the Zhents. Dwarves are good at fighting giants, even though it sounds like the Duke has managed to capture a Zhent dwarf. Something the Duke wants is in Gauntlgrym, but he would struggle to take it by force, so is using the Zhents to parley an alliance with the stealthy drow to obtain it, and this flask is either payment or somehow involved..

The Duke wants all the pieces of the Vonindod but hopefully will never happen since we have a large piece safely hidden in Waterdeep, and another piece here in my belt pouch!

Creamsteak

Explorer
You do know that Silverymoon is a member of the Lords Alliance' and that they are by-far the closest such settlement to your current location.

SunGold

First Post
"I think you're right, Gul. We need to warn the Lords Alliance, and then we can figure out what to do next."

[sblock=Mini stats]HP: 45/45
AC: 18

Spell slots: 1st: 1/4, 2nd: 3/3, 3rd: 3/3

Spells prepared: Bless, Cure Wounds, Command, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Inflict Wounds, Shield of Faith, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Prayer of Healing, Zone of Truth, Beacon of Hope, Revivify, Clairvoyance, Mass Healing Word, Spirit Guardians

Channel Divinity: 2/2

HD: 6/6 (d8)[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Davaros nods his agreement and says, "if we must be on our way, please allow me some minutes to summon my steed"

OOC: Before leaving (if that is indeed our course of action), Davaros will cast Find Steed (10 minutes casting time)

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Bellalalalalainda's tiny finger was feeling the trigger on her crossbow as the flask was passed across. She had been wrong about where it was (though that mistake was in itself interesting), but she deeply felt the right thing to do would be to try to shoot it out of the hands of the holder, so that the giant would not get what it wanted.

But, outnumbered by both the enemy and among her own companions, she restrained herself, as Whistler's steady hand pressed against her lower back in reassurance.

Still, here it was -- a trade and clear signs of trust between both sides. The Zhentarim, in bringing the flask with them, clearly had no fear of betrayal. That fact was unsettling.

She hears Gul's suggestion, bites her lower lip and nods. "Or we can go to Ironslag and try to get the prisoner before the Zhentarim do. He clearly is of some value to them."

This is her suggestion and her preference, but she will not push for it. she is content to go to Siverymoon.

SunGold

First Post
Willow notices Bell's agitation, and she understands. She crouches next to the gnome, her expression sympathetic.

"I know it's tempting, Bell. I wish we could stop them too. But if we start a fight right here, more lives than just our own will be lost. Gauntlgrym needs to know what's coming. They've got a much better chance at stopping the giants from getting what they want."

OOC: IWillow's preference remains Silverymoon. Thwarting the Zhents would be nice, but it's stopping the giants she really cares about.

[sblock=Mini stats]HP: 45/45
AC: 18

Spell slots: 1st: 1/4, 2nd: 3/3, 3rd: 3/3

Spells prepared: Bless, Cure Wounds, Command, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word, Inflict Wounds, Shield of Faith, Lesser Restoration, Spiritual Weapon, Prayer of Healing, Zone of Truth, Beacon of Hope, Revivify, Clairvoyance, Mass Healing Word, Spirit Guardians

Channel Divinity: 2/2

HD: 6/6 (d8)[/sblock]

Remove ads