• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part I

michael_noah

First Post
"Hey, there," grunts Boldak as he steps onto the road and hikes his pack up on his shoulders. After shrugging it into place, he also adjusts his sheath and the bow slung over his back and begins humping up the road. Looking back after walking a few steps he invites the others, "Come on, then."

TiCaudata

First Post
Nav leads the group down the road and then along a trail that leads towards the office. Along the journey he keeps conversation going with small talk or tall tales (OOC unless anyone has a specific topic they wish to bring up) more for his own amusement and to fill the rain induced silence than to glean any information from any of his companions.

Dichotomy

Explorer
As you trek along the road towards the mine office, the rainfall lessens slightly. It soon is a drizzle with a heavy mist.

After a little more than an hour of walking, you spot the mine office of which Nav spoke. A modest dwelling squats upon the crown of a small hill. While the rough stone walls of the first floor look mostly intact, the second floor has completely collapsed. Made of smooth stone blocks, this building stands in shambles. Thick vines creep up the side and most of the windows are broken. The front door hangs open, barely on its hinges under a sagging and partially collapsed porch. Part of the front porch has collapsed but it still allows entry to the building. A half height wall rings the house, but it too is in a state of severe disrepair. Rubble and dense weeds choke the yard, and a twisted, dead tree stands in the south-west corner.

michael_noah

First Post
The dwarf stops short once in sight of the office and turns to the others saying, "Did you actually have some reason for coming here?" He spits out the grass he's been chewing on. "The cairn's not much further. I guess there could be some info about the surrounding area in the office - but most likely it's all rotted away."

After waiting for an answer for all of three seconds, he continues on toward the run down building while stating, "For the sake of my mother. I'll go look around while you figure out what you want to do."

[sblock=OOC]Boldak goes to check out the building, trying not to make any noise (MS: +6), and looks around the outside first (Spot: +4, Listen +4).[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Nav stops to look at the building.
"Well that's the last time I take HIS word for something... It's not so bad, just needs a coat of paint or two right? You know, that and some structural integrity." Nav nervously shifts from foot to foot. "Well let's see if there is at least ONE room worth occupying as a base camp."

Nav walks towards the building, making sure to stay back at least 50 feet and not getting in Boldak's way.

worthley

First Post
"Falling apart or not, it will provide a place to dry off for now. Also gives us a landmark to meet at if and when we get seperated." Says Trenton, while waiting back for and all clear or call for help.

o3caudata

First Post
Assesing the rubble, Alexis quips "I suppose you could call it a 'landmark'. But it might have a room with a roof or a wall to break the wind."

She fingers the handle of her sickle and looks in the direction they came. "We all seem a bit ansy. Best to stay close together." She moves closer to Nav and continues to look behind them.

Dichotomy

Explorer
As Boldak examines the outside of the building, he sees little of note. The yard is quite a mess, and moving about it is somewhat difficult. In the backyard there is a stone well and yet more debris. None of you notice anything amiss, and the building seems quiet.

TiCaudata

First Post
"Well, let's see if this place is as much of a gem on the inside as the outside."

Nav starts to walk towards where the front door once was, but stops after a couple steps and stands still, thinking. Turning around, he addresses Trenton.

"Maybe you should go first, just in case. You are a tad more swarthy than I after all..."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads