• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part I

michael_noah

First Post
Boldak accepts the introduction from each of the others in turn and responds simply, "Boldak," when Trenton shakes his hand.

He snears at Nav, though, at the mention of good information and retorts, "Did you not hear what I just said? I don't have any good information. I just thought that steering them away from a bunch of wasted time might buy me some that could get me out of here."

[sblock]Is this what that strange feeling was all about today? Where did these folk even come from? I've seen Nav around before, but the others seem to have popped up out of the stonework. In the end though, would it be so different than tagging along with the other group?[/sblock]

Visibly relaxing when it's apparant that the three folks are not out to get him, Boldak moves toward the table and continues, "All else that I said was also, true though. This..." Boldak looks aside to Nav then speaks in a softer voice, "Whispering Cairn is one of very few, and the only that I know of, caves, holes, or whatnot around here that hasn't been picked dry by groups like Tirra's there. Probably because everyone else had the good sense not to mention it after a girl disappeared from the place six years ago.

So, the question is, are you so in need of work that you're willing to go traipsing off with some dwarf on the off chance that the place might be filled with treasure."

Boldak sits back with his new ale and crosses his arms, waiting.

o3caudata

First Post
Alexis looks from Nave to Boldak,"Your lack of enthusiasm aside, I think Nav and I share in your desire to gain some traveling coin. And Trenton, from the looks of his coin purse, could use some as well though I don't know if he intends on traveling anywhere."

She sits back in her chair, holding her ale mug with two hands and asks,"What were the circumstances of the girls disappearance? I can't imagine simple explanations would keep treasure seekers out for this long? There must have been some.... complications?"

I'm not one to shy away from challenges mind you. By the looks of it the four of us seem hearty enough to overcome most anyhow, but i'd like to know exactly what we're up against."

Gazing at each person around the table, "It is just the four of us, yes?"

michael_noah

First Post
"There wasn't anything interesting about it, other than that it was so sudden," said Boldak in answer. "The funny thing was that the place had been incredibly docile for so long. Children stayed there on a regular basis, myself included. There wasn't anything there that could explain her complete dissapearance. If the place had caved in, those who had inevitably dared her to enter would have heard it from outside, and you'd think that she'd at least have screamed if there were a wolf or something of the sort. Instead, she just never came back out."

o3caudata

First Post
"No one went in to look for her? Surely there would have been some sign, or track somewhere. A secondary exit, a hidden niche... "

Noticeably puzzled, Alexis continues "And what of the cairn before her disappearance. Surely some treasure seekers had exhausted all it had to offer then. Wouldn't they have taken any treasure and found any hidden places a child might disappear to. How very odd."

After a moment of consideration, "But people do overlook things, and it's not as though I have better things to do. How far off is this cairn? Assuming it doesn't take all of my remaining coin to at least take a look at it, I'm up for it. Nav? Trenton? Up for a little adventure?"

michael_noah

First Post
"You certainly don't let up questioning, do you, miss", Boldak snaps. Putting on a snide grin, he concludes sarcastically, "Good to see though, that you're willing to actually put those strong arms of yours to the test, even if it's only by picking through a bunch of rock."

worthley

First Post
"I'm up for a little adventure. And on the bright side, if nothing is found, I'm sure I well be entertained." remarks Trenton, as his eyes shift, noticibly, back and forth between Boldak and Alexis, then begins to laugh.

TiCaudata

First Post
"Spending time looking for treasure is certainly not worse than spending it asking for coins, I'm in!

I even happen to know of a little used mine office that might be nearby. Although we will have to rely on you, dear dwarf, to show us the way in of course."

michael_noah

First Post
After assessing the situation, Boldak rises and gathers his things. "I will be at the road leading toward the mines a little after sunup. Meet me there if you're still interested."

He then leaves the pub, heading back to his boarding house for the evening.

Last edited:

o3caudata

First Post
"Well that was a bit curt, but I do believe the next round is on me. Trenton if you would be so kind. Three more tankards." Alexis hands Trenton more than enough coin for another round. Once he's reasonably out of ear shot.

[sblock=Nav]"This seems to be falling together a bit quick wouldn't you say? I don't suppose i mind. Neither of these boys seem too threatening. Perhaps it's simply our good fortune. I'm still perplexed about the girl. Did anyone bother to look for her? Did they find ANYTHING?"[/sblock]

Remove ads