IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part I

TiCaudata

First Post
After hearing the monolog, Nav looks at Alexis and says, "Well there's your rumor. It's true that a child disappeared there some years back, whether that's proof of treasure or not I couldna say."

Dichotomy

Explorer
Tirra looks askance at Boldak. "I've heard people say that the Stirgenest Cairn is empty, but my friends seem to think otherwise. And I tend to think our sources are good. My friend knows what the conventional wisdom is, but he is far from conventional.

"But what about this Whispering Cairn? I don't think I've heard of it, myself. Can you tell me more?"

michael_noah

First Post
"I can't tell you anything more than what I've said, I'm afraid. I spent some time there exploring myself when I was younger, but couldn't claim to have even scratched the surface of what might be there," Boldak responded. "A girl died, then all the others got scared off. Noone's been there since."

Is this damn elf ever going to actually tell me anything? She's some fancy adventurer, and probably thinks I'm just some local bumpkin that can't even throw a dagger! She's practically come out and said it already. Well, I'll not waste more of my breath on her if she'll just listen to her wizard friend anyway.

Boldak began grumbling, "You're probably better off listening to your fancy adventurer friends anyway. Nobody around here actually knows anything about the cairns, and those that claim to have more details than I've already given you are full of orc brains." He continued on, but to no one in particular, "How in the hells does anyone ever make it out of this place?"

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=Dichotomy & O3]Nav looks at Alexis and raises his eyebrows questioningly.
Alexis shrugs and motions to the group with her ale.[/sblock]

Nav offers Alexis his elbow and walks up to the group.
"Stirgenest Cairn you say? When are you and your unconventional friend exploring there? It is always fascinating to hear of new methods to extract trasure from the old cairns, don't you agree Alexis?" Nav waves his hand in introduction. "When do you go to explore Stirgenest? It must be fascinating work exploring the old tombs! What is the most exciting thing you've found? Alexis and I were just talking about trying to find someone in need of another strong arm. I don't suppose you need some more help in the Cairn would you?"

The monologue is spoken progressively faster and with increasing intensity. Nav finishes up with an overbearing, eager, and questioning face.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Tirra's eyes shift among the foursome now standing near her. The elf face is a mask of puzzlement. You see her mouth form the words "make it out" and "another strong arm," as though repeating your words to herself. Then Tirra's perplexed look changes.

"Ah... I think I understand what's going on here," she says somewhat uncomfortably. "I'd like to help you all, but I'm afraid my companions are a bit... Well, you know... I'd best be going now. Got to meet up with my friends." She quickly collects her backpack from a chair nearby. "But do let me know if that other cairn thing works out for you then. Good luck."

Without pausing to wait for a reply, Tirra quickly skirts out the door.

TiCaudata

First Post
Nav watches Tirra leave before turning back to Boldak in a much more relaxed fashion.

"Ray baro man! If you're sitting on good information there must be a better way of going about it than handing it out to the first adventurer to best you with a dagger. That was quite the first throw though, my congratulations to you on that! That ale looks empty, let's see about filling it." Nav goes and orders a round of ale. "Now...What was that about the Whispering Cairn? I was serious about Alexis here looking for work, and I am always trying to find a coin or two towards passage out of this hole of a town. But alas, we are only two!"

o3caudata

First Post
"My friend is right and it seems he's done you quite the service. If she's scared of a bit of interest in her adventuring, imagine what she'd do in the face of danger."

Alexis looks toward Trenton as he digs through a pouch counting coppers. "It does seem that you may have a third with interested in this cairn though..."

To Trenton, "It seems you've missed your chance to challenge the elf, but I think that coin could be better spent. Come friend my name is Alexis and it seems fate has given us a chance encounter. Let us hear what the dwarf has to offer."

"Nav, another ale is in order."

TiCaudata

First Post
"It appears as though you are right Alexis. I'll be back in a shake of a rikono's tail!

My apologies for not introducing myself properly, I am Nav Baxtalo."

worthley

First Post
Trenton extends his had to Alexis, and then to Nav Baxtalo, finishing with Boldak. "I believe that you might be right about my coin. I am Trenton. A pleasure to meet you. Shall we sit and discuss these cirumstances." Trenton gestures to an open table, and trys to flag down a waitress as skillfully as he grabbed Tirra's attention.

Remove ads