• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part I

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]If any of you had little things you wanted to pick up, no prob. Just give me a heads up.[/sblock]
As Boldak looks down the hole, with his superior vision he can see that the shaft goes down about 60 feet and ends in a small chamber. The sides of the shaft are pitted and scarred, making it a relatively easy-looking climbing surface, though still not risk-free. There is little to which he can anchor a rope, unless he ties it to the chain dangling above, or has enough rope to tie it round the sarcophagus.

michael_noah

First Post
"Alexis, bring that extra rope," instructs the dwarf. He makes the descent as safe as possible, but proceeds no matter the situation, confident in his ability to scale the collapse.

worthley

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Viktor will insist that the others take the money from the sale of his old armor, as thanks for letting him have it[/sblock]
"I'll go last." Viktor holds the rope, so it doesn't rub against the edge of the hole, and fray. He'll keep a torch lit up there so he has enough light. If everyone gets to the bottom safe, he'll go down without armor on and put it back on at the bottom of the hole. For safety reasons, not nudist reasons.

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Breth will reply, "We will split the money, just like we will the next time we find better armor. If you ever choose to buy better equipment on your own accord with your own share of the money, you can keep the proceeds." [/sblock]

Last edited:

o3caudata

First Post
Alexis follows behind Breth Assuming there is room. Lighting her lantern at the bottom as well.

[sblock=ooc]Alexis has her shield on and carries her lantern in the other, once at the bottom of the hole.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Thanks to the rope and the pits in the wall, you all make it safely down, though it is slow going. You soon find yourselves in the chamber at the bottom.

Dozens of bas-relief figures similar to the one on the sarcophagus lid in the room above stare disapprovingly from the walls here. Many sport crossed arms and stern expressions. A few of the statues' heads are missing, and some have huge chuncks torn out of them. Others have a wierd melted appearance, as if they'd been sprayed by something terrible. A large glyph, the same stylized arrow you saw when exploring the other sub-level, points down a short corridor to the north that leads to a four-way intersection.

worthley

First Post
"I assume whatever did this would be hard to miss." remarks Viktor as he looks at the destroyed stone.

"I can go first, unless you want to check for any traps or anything first Boldak?"

michael_noah

First Post
Boldak motions to the others to stay put before moving about the 'landing' area. He searches the nooks and statues along the way before peering around the corner of the intersection.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Boldak's search of the area turns up nothing of note.

As the dwarf creeps to the intersection, he can see that the hall leading to the north reaches stairs going down. It looks like they head into a pool of water.

Peering around the corners at the intersection, Boldak can see that in both side directions, the hall continues a short distance and then opens up. Coming from the east passage, the dwarf can barely make out what sounds like hundreds if not thousands of tiny things moving skittering about.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads