• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]I think Erdolliel has taken 14 damage, AoO and then attack both from 3 I am on crack[/sblock]Erdolliel engages her foe springing away immediately.[sblock=oc]Spring Attack, 5' E attack 3, move NW, N, N, N, N. That should avoid all AoO's I believe.[/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
Seeing that his prayers are going unanswered, Kushnak methodically draws his sword and engages the nearest thing.

[sblock=ooc]Draw, 5' step SE, PA 4 - +4/2d6+12[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
Eskard screams in frustration and retries his assault.

[sblock=oc]5' step, Full attack 1(PA 2): +11 / +6 2d6+14 AC now 17 vs 1, 16 vs 2&3 If 1 dies, move dodge to 3, otherwise keep on 1.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I think worthley is w/o access. I am proceeding accordingly.[/sblock]
Erdolliel swiftly moves in and out. However, her attempt to strike in the middle is utterly abysmal.

Bazrim, safe behind the cover of his allies, quaffs a potion and looks almost as good as new.

Eskard, full of fury, manages to finally get a crushing blow against the beast near him, which drops to the ground and bleeds.

The beast near Nethezar lashes out. Fortunately, despite the fact that Nethezar's attempts to dodge are almost laughable, the beast only connects once.

Nethezar backs away, avoid a horrid parting shot from the beast, and bolts of force fly from the cleric's wand. "Magic them, dammit!" he shouts to Bazrim. "You weren't even close to dying!"

Kushnak closes into melee, but neither the half-orc cleric nor the sword of his god find the mark.

The beast near Kushnak retaliates, striking with both tentacles, but Kushnak is largely alright for now.

[sblock=OOC]Erdolliel: spring attacks 3, 1! miss
Bazrim: draws potion; drinks, heals 19 damage (max roll for a potion)
[sblock=hmmm]I'm assuming a "CMW" potion means cure moderate wounds, since i don't think there is a such thing as a cure minor wounds potion.[/sblock]
Eskard: 5-foot step; full attack 1, 9+, miss 96, hit, 11+, miss 20, miss, 22 damage, drops; dodge against 3
[sblock=hmmm 2]I believe that Eskard cannot, after taking the 5-foot step and dropping it with the first attack, retroactively change his action to a spring attack.[/sblock]
1: 30, bleeds
2: full attacks N, 12+ hit, 1! miss, 4+ miss (barely), 9 damage; same dodge
Nethezar: moves while drawing wand
2: AoO, 1! miss
Nethezar: wands 2, 7 damage
Kushnak: draws; 5-foot step; attacks 3, 7+ miss
Spiritual weapon: attacks 3, 7+ miss
3: 5-foot step; full attack K, 8+ hit, 14+ hit, 7+ miss, 15 damage; dodge against K

Status & Init
Erdolliel: 7 damage
Bazrim: 2 damage
Eskard: 40 damage, dodge against 3
1: 53 damage; unconscious and dying
2: 17 damage; dodge against N
Nethezar: 25 damage
Kushnak: 15 damage
Spiritual Weapon:
3: 4 damage; dodge against K[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
"Stand still you stupid beast!" Erdolliel attempts to switch targets again.[sblock=oc]Spring attack 2 (and leave my dodge bonus on 3), 10' E, attack, SW, SW, S[/sblock]

Last edited:

o3caudata

First Post
Eskard turns on the closest beast and charges.

[sblock=oc]Not really charge. Spring attack 3. Move such that Kushnak and I are flanking on my attack and after my final move. So attack due west of K then move 5' S. Atk 3(PA 4): +11 (w/ flanking) / 2d6+18. Dodge on 3, AC: 17 vs 3, 16 vs 2. 4 rounds o' rage left.[/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
Kushnak pairs with Eskard to take on the beast.

[sblock=ooc]I guess there's a compass-rose on the map. whatevs. Anyway, hopefully flanking - same as last time, but if Eskard hurts it, I won't Power Attack.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Erdolliel attempts another quick strike, but her eyes play tricks on her, and where she thought the beast was, there was only air.

With a nasty look at Nethezar, Bazrim flings a ball of fire at one of the beasts. Unfortunately, the creature avoids the worst of the attack.

Eskard rushes to flank with Kushnak, but, like Erdolliel, the warrior misjudges the location of the beast.

In retaliation, the beast near Bazrim closes and attacks. It strikes the dwarf with both tentacles.

Nethezar shouts, "Zap!" as he fires his wand again. The cleric then moves behind the others.

Kushnak capitalizes on the beasts diverted attention, however, he too strikes only air. The sword of Kelanen finally makes a decent hit.

The last beast strikes out at both half-orcs, and connects with every blow.

[sblock=OOC]So, yeah... I hadn't being going by the compass. I forgot it was even there. For consistency, let's just say north is up.

Erdolliel: spring attack 2, 9+, miss chance 43, miss
Bazrim: 5-foot step; fireballs 2, ref save 20! success, 11 damage
Eskard: spring attacks 3, 8+, miss chance 45, miss; same dodge
1: 85, bleeds
2: 5-foot step; full attacks B (no bite), 20! threat, 4+ not confirmed (barely), 5+ hit, 10 damage; dodge against R
Nethezar: wands 2, 8 damage; moves
Kushnak: 11+ (hooray flanking), miss chance 25, miss
Spiritual weapon: attacks 3, 17+, miss chance 68, hits, 6 damage
3: 5-foot step; full attacks, 2 tentacles at K, 18+ hit, 19+ hit, 14 damage, bites S, 14+ hit, 10 damage

Status & Init
Erdolliel: 7 damage; dodge against 3
Bazrim: 12 damage
Eskard: 50 damage, dodge against 3
1: 54 damage; unconscious and dying
2: 36 damage; dodge against R
Nethezar: 25 damage
Kushnak: 29 damage
Spiritual Weapon:
3: 10 damage; dodge against K[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel swears in frustration as she attempts to hit the creature once again.[sblock=oc]spring attack 3... S, SE, (i think that is flanking with S) attack (+7 1d8 +3), S, S

keep dodge bonus on 3[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
Panting heavily, Eskard lashes out at the beast twice more.

[sblock=oc]Full attack 3(PA 2): +11 / +6 2d6+14 AC now 17 vs 3, 16 vs 2. if 3 dies, dodge on 2, else keep on 3.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads