• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part IV

michael_noah

First Post
Kushnak wipes off the blood and sees to healing the group before returning to rest. "Someone should figure out what those were..."

[sblock=ooc]Burn a 3rd level on me, then 2 each of 2nd and 1st levels on others, then wand charges until we're all within 5 of full.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Day 33

Erdolliel guts the beats while Kushnak distributes healing. Unfortunately, the elf finds nothing of value. Fortunately, however, the remainder of the night passes without incident.

You wake in the morning and the remainder of the wounds from last night have closed themselves. As you ready yourselves, pray, study spells, and the like, you become keenly aware that the stench of the beasts is becoming overpowering quite fast. Just as you are about to set off, it seems that others have noticed the smells as well. You hear the eerie howls of wolves coming from the distance.
[sblock=OOC]CSW on K, 18 healed
CmodW B, 14
CmodW S, 12
CLW R, 7
CLW B, 8
10 wand charges

Erdolliel: 1 damage
Bazrim: 1 damage
Eskard: 4 damage
Nethezar: 4 damage
Kushnak: 0 damage

Then, after factoring in rest (I figured it would be easier to do all at once), you are all healed full.

Also, note how the use of spells during the night affects your abaliity to cast spells the next day.

I'll give you guys a rounds worth of actions to prep before we actually get this thing going. [/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
"Wolves are coming." Eskard says, as if it were not blatantly obvious to everyone.

He draws his sword and faces the sounds. "Silly puppies." he mumbles to himself.

TiCaudata

First Post
"Sonofa! At least wolves are always where they seem to be..." Erdolliel mutters as she blends into the morning shadows.[sblock=oc]Hide (+12) behind something that helps. I'm guessing that one of the trees should do it for me, preferably the upper left corner one or the bottom middle one as they are near the corpses of the beasts. If she could hide behind the tree that is the closest to the wolves coming through that would be great. (i.e. the are coming from the upper left so she hides behind that tree)[/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
"We should make our way out of here. Let the dogs have a free meal," Kushnak suggests. Moving away from the sounds, he motions the others to follow. "And if they do decide live game is better, maybe some will be distracted by those..."

[sblock=ooc]Marked what I think is not recovered on my thinger. Gonna cast longstrider again, though.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Cresting one of the hills to the north, you see a pack of six wolves. However, these are all black, and, even from the distance, it almost looks like their eyes glow red.
[sblock=OOC]The puppies are coming from the north (which is up on the map from before). Given the hills, I'm "voted best house" saying that you see them at 150 feet away.

I have also decided that the puppies (being a pack, and me being laz) are all going on the same init.

You have all done the things you said you wanted to do. I'll put up a map once they are closer.
[sblock=worthley]They are not wolves. They are worgs. They have darkvision, low-light, and scent. They trip. Unlike wolves (which are neutral animals) worgs are usually evil.[/sblock]
Status & Init
Bazrim (22)
Kushnak (15)
Eskard (14)
Erdolliel (12)
Nethezar (9)
Puppies (8)[/sblock]

worthley

First Post
"They aren't wolves and they aren't looking for a meal. They are looking to kill us." The inflection in Bazrim's voice easily tells the others the dire situation they are in. Bazrim then casts a spell of protection upon himself
[sblock=ooc]mage armor on myself, ac 17[/sblock]

michael_noah

First Post
Stopping his walk to look at the mage, Kushnak peers up the hill and concurs, "You seem to be right. Where's your flashy magic?"

[sblock=ooc]Cast Aid on me. d8+6 temp hp and bonuses.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads