IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part V(b)

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel quickly gets onto the balcony and helps Nethezar's ascent as best she can. Once up, she hides and sneaks into the cellroom, looking for anything different.[sblock=oc]Hide +13 Move Silently +13 If nothing is different, she'll move to the door and check to see if it is locked. OL +13 if it is, she won't open the door just yet...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dichotomy

Explorer
Soon enough, Kushnak has taken flight and all three make their way into the balcony. Thus far, the place looks exactly like the group left it. Erdolliel sneaks into the cell area and, likewise, finds it the same. She reaches the double doors. They appear unlocked, and the elf hears no sounds through the doors.

TiCaudata

First Post
"We are going to need to get both of them close to each other in order for glitterdust to work properly. I assume you are willing to be a target Kushnak?" After his agreement, Erdolliel hides again, opens the right door, and sneaks into the room.[sblock=oc]Hide +13 MS +13[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
"In the alternative," Nethezar interjects before Erdolliel opens the door, "we could plan to each cast the spells at the same time. We could almost ensure that, between us, we would cover the entire area in the room where they might be. You could aim for, perhaps, the near left, and I for the far right?"
[sblock=OOC]Feel free to either accept or reject the proposal. For convenience, I'm going to move forward with the opening of the door.[/sblock]
Erdolliel open the door and sneaks in. Kushnak follows, with Nethezar behind him. The room looks markedly different.

The planks that were around the central piling are completely gone, apparently having been destroyed. The walls of the room are scorched, and even the planks that remain have clear fire damage. The after-effects of Bazrim departing blast clearly had some effect.

At least for the moment, there is no sign of any moving thing within the room.
[sblock=OOC]My messy black marks indicate the three planks that no longer exist.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]Erdolliel talks before hiding and opening and entering.[/sblock]"I might be risky, they could easily be outside of the ranges of the spell. I'd hate to waste Kushnak's blood, but I'd also hate to waste my only shot at this spell. It's your blood and your call." She finishes the last while looking up at Kushnak.

o3caudata

First Post
"Yes. Wait for my signal." Kushnak says as Erdolliel slips into the room.

Once it's clear that he isn't getting attacked, Kushnak flies through the room searching for his invisible foes.

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel prepares to cast the spell when the creatures attack Kushnak.[sblock=oc]Ready to cast Glitterdust as soon as she knows where both the creatures are. The spell has a 10' radius, so ideally I would want to cast it in a way that captures both flying things and avoids Kushnak. The spell coats everything in it with glittering dust and blinds them (will save DC 16 (I think) negates only the blindness).[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Kushnak moves into the room while the other two maneuver behind. All three await the expected attack. All three sense the movement in the air when the creatures strike, but the creatures seem to have almost unnatural reflexes.

They quickly move and flank Kushnak, who senses one to the west and below, and the other to the east and above. The lower creature slams a limb of some kind into the half-orc, but the blow from the other glances off of Kushnak's armor.

[sblock=OOC]Erdolliel is now "E"

1 & 2: move; attack K, 9+ hit, 2+ miss, 15 damage

Status & Init
1 (28):
2 (20):
E (19):
K (9): 15 damage
N (6):[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
[sblock=oc]Yay for letter non-ambiguity!! Ummm... Erdolliel is up right? Just want to make sure they didn't do a surprise round and we are waiting for them to beat K up again or something. Also, I don't think that Erdolliel technically knows where they yet.[/sblock]
Erdolliel waits for a clear shot at the creatures.[sblock=oc]Ready to cast Glitterdust as soon as she knows where both the creatures are. The spell has a 10' radius, so ideally I would wait until Kushnak is clear and then center the spell where he currently is in order to get both. The spell is a little ambiguous on it's area of effect, I've been assuming that it is a sphere rather than a disc though.

The spell coats everything in it with glittering dust and blinds them (will save DC 16 (I think) negates only the blindness).[/sblock]

Remove ads