IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part V(b)

o3caudata

First Post
"They are close enough. Target here, NOW!" Kushnak shouts as he points in both directions the attacks came from as he withdraws.

[sblock=oc]Withdraw diagonally up-west in an attempt to avoid AoO's and end up 20' away from either guy.(as best he can tell). Doesn't matter where really.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Kushnak pulls out, shouting his warning.

With a wave and an incantation, Erdolliel causes a burst of glittering light to erupt in the room. Suddenly, plain as day, two amorphous figures emerge, covered in shining dust.

"I wonder if they can see..." Nethezar muses and waits.

The two figures move toward Kushnak. As they do so, the dust shows them to move almost like solid bundles of air or cloud. Small bursts of air blast from each of them at Kushnak, but neither hits.

"Perhaps not," Nethezar continues his thought. "This may be quite simple, now." The scholar fires bolts of force from his wand, which crush into one of the beings.

[sblock=OOC]Erdolliel: readies
Kushnak: withdraws; provokes from 2 (who had to be right next to K, b/c of the wall)
AoO: 7+ miss
Erdolliel: ready triggers; glitterdust on spot K left; will saves 2+, 8+, fail
Nethezar: delays
1: moves (up); attacks K, 16+, 48% miss
2: moves (over); attacks K, 5+ miss
Nethezar: stops delaying; wands 2; 18 damage

K is next.

Status & Init
1: blind
2: blind; 18 damage
N:
K: 15 damage
E: [/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel looks at Nethezar, shrugs, and pulls out a wand of her own.[sblock=oc]MM Clvl 3 at 2 unless Kushnak kills it first...[/sblock]

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak roars as he charges his nearest, newly visible, foe without hesitation.

[sblock=oc]i'm not actually sure if he's 10' away from 1 or not.

if he's only 5' away: 5'step, full attack, PA(3) +10/+5 2d6+13, dodge on 1 makes ac 22

if 1 is 10+ away: charge 1, PA(5) +10 2d6+17, dodge on 1 makes ac 20(w/ charge penalty)

[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Kushnak flies down slightly to get closer to the creature below him. The warrior crushes his sword into the thing twice, and inhuman squeals of pain ring out.

Erdolliel fires her wand at the other creature. The bolts of force, as always, find the mark.

The first of the creatures makes a noise that could only be described as "whooshing." It lashes at Kushnak, but fails to connect.

Perhaps based on the "whooshing," or something else, the second creature seems to know well enough where Kushnak is to close in. But like the first, it also cannot strike the warrior.

Nethezar lays into the second creature again with his wand. "Quite simple, indeed."
[sblock=OOC]Because they only have 10-foot reach, there is only 5 feet between K and 1. I didn't bother with a map this time.

Kushnak: step; full attack 1, 7+ hit, 8+ hit (being blind sucks), 45 damage; dodge 1
Erdolliel: MM 2, 7 damage
1: full attacks K, 6+ miss, 2+ miss
2: listen check; 5-foot step; attacks K, 2+ miss
N: MM 2, 17 damage

K is next.

Status & Init
1: blind; 45 damage
2: blind; 42 damage
N:
K: 15 damage; dodge v 1

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak mercilessly lashes out again.

[sblock=oc] full attack 1, PA(3) +10/+5 2d6+13 if it drops dodge on 2 and 5' step next to 2. otherwise keep dodge on 1 and don't move.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
With methodical precision, Kushnak cleaves into first one, then the other. As they screech, they seem to suddenly vanish. Their glitterdusted forms disappear, and no telling splash is heard or seen in the water below.

"I still have no idea what those were," Nethezar says, sounding perplexed. "However, it seems you have obliterated them."
[sblock=OOC]I took some liberty here, since Kushnak can kick the crap out of blind things.

Kushnak: attack 1, 6+ hit, 20 damage, drops; five-foot step; attack 2, 12+ hit, 21 damage, drops

Combat over.

Status & Init
1: blind; 65 damage; dead
2: blind; 63 damage; dead
N:
K: 15 damage; dodge v 1

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdolliel puts away the wand and looks up to Kushnak. "Want to peek around the corner? You can probably do it much faster than I on these rickety boards. I'll still go to search, it would just be nice to know if something is going to hit me first." She then proceeds to slowly cross the boards.[sblock=oc]balance +5 tumble +13 and she'll move slow enough to not acquire a higher DC than is already there.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Erdolliel carefully makes her way around the planks in the room. Though near the end the elf's tension nearly gets the better of her, she manages to not fall off.

As he watches the nimble elf, Nethezar says, "Why don't you let me know if you need me over there. My sense of balance is worse than my talent for climbing things."

Kushnak, of course, has no issues.

Around the corner, the half-orc and elf find an intact door. Presumably, it must lead to the only area left to explore.

[sblock=OOC]I'm going ahead since Erdolliel will get there even if Kushnak for some reason doesn't.

For the sake of ease, I'm just gonna call for one balance check for each of the three large sections that Erd needs to cross. 10+, 9+, 8+, she makes it.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
Erdollile quickly searches the ground around the door and checks to see if the door is locked.[sblock=oc]Thoroughly search the 'island' around the door, search the door for traps and check if it is locked. search+16 open locks+13, don't open the door yet[/sblock]

Remove ads