IC: Dichotomy's Age of Worms Redux, Part V(b)

o3caudata

First Post
Kushnak flies to the NW corner of the room and peers through the floor, before flying to Nethezar.

"The shaft appears to lead somewhere, though it may require holding your breath. Care to come across?" Kushnak says as he offers his hand with a clumsy bow.

[sblock=oc]I think kushnak can carry 297 more #'s while flying. If that's enough to hoist Neth across cool, otherwise Kush just make sure he doesn't fall.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Kushnak's examination of the other hole suggests that it is simply a broken part of the floor, apparently leading to a small, stagnant pool of water.

Erdolliel carefully makes her way back to the other platforms. While her search turns up nothing, she notices, for the first time, sees that in the water below are several corpses. Perhaps the past victims of the invisible creatures here or victims of those who jailed the group here.

When Kushnak flies back to Nethezar, the scholar awkwardly wraps his hands around the half-orc. "Better than falling. Don't get any funny ideas." Kushnak manages to cart Nethezar, fortunately now in his lighter armor, to the other room.

o3caudata

First Post
"I'll take a look down there while I still have an advantage." Kushnak says, indicating toward the shaft.

[sblock=oc]Fly down, look around, fly back.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Kushnak flies down roughly thirty-five feet to the barrel. The large barrel could, tightly, hold a few persons. It bobs atop the water, sitting in the shaft. The rope ladder descending from the shaft's top appears fully intact. The water below the barrel is quite dark.

o3caudata

First Post
"There doesn't appear to be any access to anywhere. Though there is a barrel floating at the bottom...and it is... somewhat...... disturbing....." Kushnak trails off, looking back to the shaft.

He flies part way down the shaft again and casts a spell.

[sblock=oc]I'm sorry. Kushnak should have known to cast detect magic the first time. Cast detect magic, wait until i know as much as possible, then back up.[/sblock]

TiCaudata

First Post
"I wonder who they all crossed to end up here. Hells, I wonder who WE crossed..." Erdolliel ponders while glancing at the bodies to see if there is any treasure worth a trip into the water.

Dichotomy

Explorer
Erdolliel's visually inspection turns up nothing, though she cannot discern whether a closer examination might be more fruitful.

Kushnak's spell turns up no magic.

Nethezar examines the shaft with a puzzled look on his face. "Unless this is some trap, there is clearly some reason for a rope ladder. I suppose, even if it IS a trap, there is a reason for a rope ladder."

TiCaudata

First Post
"I guess this is where I come in." The elf states as she returns to the hole. She carefully descends the ladder, making sure it's safe as she goes.[sblock=oc]Search +16 for traps as I go down then search the barrel too.[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
Erdolliel painstakingly examines the rungs of the rope ladder as she descends, but the elf finds nothing amiss. The ladder appears to be sound. The barrel at the bottom, likewise, seems to have nothing odd about it, aside from simply being present.

Remove ads