D&D 5E [IC] Escape from Castle Illvithar

Uller

Adventurer
Siljar puts out the light on his orb and casts it again on the small metalic skull he keeps in a pocket. It's small enough he can grasp it to keep it dim when he needs (like now).

"Yes. Let's get out of this area. It's bound to get out of there eventually. "

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Forged Fury

First Post
While the drow walks down to the end of the hallway, Whisper approaches the door at the south end of the hallway and uses her senses to attempt to detect if any other threats may be nearby.

OOC: Wisdom (Perception): [roll0]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Naeriss travels a bit up the hallway. Some green lichens seem to have somehow started to grow on the stone here. A small hole near the lichen is roughly large enough to fit a small hand. There is another column with chains like the one you were so recently attached to directly to the east, up some stairs. Another wooden door with a wooden bar is to the north. The hallway continues to the west down some steps as far as you can see with your darkvision.

Those of you in the hallway notice that the door you came out from has a grotesque face etched into the door. Similar faces are etched in the door to the south and the door to the west. The western door, however, has a small red gem embedded in the faces forehead.

The door north of Naeriss, however, is etched with four leonine faces which have been painted red, blue, green, and yellow with eyes of blue, red, yellow, and green respectively. A copper, silver, gold, and platinum knocker hangs from the nose of each of the four faces.

Attachments

• map.png
    map.png
    255.2 KB · Views: 227

Azurewraith

Explorer
Seeing no clear path forwards and not wanting to abandon the strangers that helped him earlier Naeris heads back to where he found the lichen and the hole. Inspecting the lichen to see if it is either edible or has some medicinal use, he also ponders what could be inside the small hole while he waits for the others.

OOC: Wisdom survival[roll0] to determine if the lichen has any use

Forged Fury

First Post
Whisper didn't like the looks of this one bit. Turning to the dwarf, she leaned in close and rasped, "The name's Whisper. So... what are we going to do about that drow?" She unconsciously rubbed the scar across her neck. Her eyes scanned the doors, noting the red gemstone. "Well, that's peculiar..."

tglassy

Adventurer
"Me name'a Koregar", the dwarf whispered back, stretching his back and looking around. "And I'd normally make his head acquainted with me axe. But seeing as he did help with that thing in there, I'd much rather keepin with the helpin, and kill each other later."

As he was saying this, he noticed the same gem as the half king, and went to see if he could discern what it was or where it came from.

OOC: [roll0]

Forged Fury

First Post
"All the same, I'll be keeping an eye on my back," Whisper croaked back and nodded. Noticing Koregar examining the gemstone, she continued, "Not sure I want to touch it, may be some fell magic..." She eyed the human mage and added, "Magic isn't exactly my specialty. What about you, mage? You can call me Whisper."

The halfling moved her lockpick into her left hand and drew her shortsword with her right. She glanced down the hallway and noted the drow examining something on the ground. Warily, she kept her eyes on him.

Remove ads