[IC] Ethend: Hunt for Cantus

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]"I am skilled at tracking, as is Kolbyr I think. Let's let the mute lead the blind here, I'll follow your lead, friend. I feel that gathering information from the locals may yeild more results initially though as the trail is a little cold by now. If you like Kolbyr we can check Uiim's room first as a starting point?" the elf asks his new friend.[/sblock]

RillianPA

First Post
Ferrix said:
[sblock=Jerod]"It would pay wouldn't it?" the barkeep obviously implying that information isn't free in these parts. He grins, the scar running down the left side of his face creating a unnerving effect.

Behind you two of the patrons have gotten into a bit of a scuffle, and the cheers of the other miners egg them on towards further violence. You wince at the sound of a chair being smashed, hopefully not against someone. The barkeep looks unphased, as if this happens every hour or so.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ferrix]
Jerod lays 2 gold pieces down on the bar, one at a time, and then covers them with his hand.
"So, tell me, what sort of dangers lurk nearby?"
[/sblock]

Dichotomy

Explorer
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]"Starting in Uiim's room would be a good idea. I think I'll leave that to the two of you, since I have no skill in that area.

"As for resistance contacts, it will take some time to pass word. I don't know that we can afford to wait. At the least, though, I write a message to update them on the situation we have. Perhaps they can do some research on this.

"In the meantime, we may want to find more local assistance. Though we may have to be circumspect when dealing with mercenary-type folk, we may have no choice."

[size=-2]OOC: Ferrix, I presume that Delynn has some relatively common way that she transmits information to her resistance contacts (like animal messenger or something). Depending upon the level of confidence she has in that messaging system, she'll be as direct and informative as the custom of such use would dictate.[/size][/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]"I'll start in Uiim's room then, though it might be nice to have a fresh set of eyes, Kolbyr. Delynn, I haven't spoken to anyone in the inn regarding this yet. It shouldn't take the two of us long to finish our search if you wanted to start there." replies Tau.
[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
Dichotomy said:
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn]"Starting in Uiim's room would be a good idea. I think I'll leave that to the two of you, since I have no skill in that area.

"As for resistance contacts, it will take some time to pass word. I don't know that we can afford to wait. At the least, though, I write a message to update them on the situation we have. Perhaps they can do some research on this.

"In the meantime, we may want to find more local assistance. Though we may have to be circumspect when dealing with mercenary-type folk, we may have no choice."

[size=-2]OOC: Ferrix, I presume that Delynn has some relatively common way that she transmits information to her resistance contacts (like animal messenger or something). Depending upon the level of confidence she has in that messaging system, she'll be as direct and informative as the custom of such use would dictate.[/size][/sblock]

[sblock=Delynn]You are correct, animal messenger is often the easiest way for you to get information back to the contacts you know. I was assuming you'd look for local contacts though. You usually use birds of sorts as they are the quickest and most reliable to send long distances. Your choice of the White Cliff region or the Deep Fen region and what exactly are you telling them.[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
RillianPA said:
[sblock=Ferrix]
Jerod lays 2 gold pieces down on the bar, one at a time, and then covers them with his hand.
"So, tell me, what sort of dangers lurk nearby?"
[/sblock]

[sblock=Jerod]The barkeep's face scowls at the money, "careful 'dere son, butter like that can get ya flayed." He pours you another drink, this time of a dark red ale which is bitter but much better than the last pint of cheap swill you received. "Bunch o' rebel's swept through 'ere not a month 'go, one o' our own kill'd the local magistrate wit' dark powers dey said. Left the place in a hell o' a rush, Mythar snappin' at 'ere heels. Been quiet since. I'd be wary 'ere friend, stranger's ain't been looked on mighty friendly since then. Word 's d'em rebel's caught it bad a few towns up north, dark powers be workin'." He brushes your hand aside with a rag, sweeping the coins off as if he were cleaning.[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
[sblock=Tau, Kolbyr, Delynn][sblock=Delynn]'Send for me if you need me.'[/sblock]

Kolbyr nods and rises, ready to follow Tau and look around.[/sblock]

RillianPA

First Post
Ferrix said:
[sblock=Jerod]The barkeep's face scowls at the money, "careful 'dere son, butter like that can get ya flayed." He pours you another drink, this time of a dark red ale which is bitter but much better than the last pint of cheap swill you received. "Bunch o' rebel's swept through 'ere not a month 'go, one o' our own kill'd the local magistrate wit' dark powers dey said. Left the place in a hell o' a rush, Mythar snappin' at 'ere heels. Been quiet since. I'd be wary 'ere friend, stranger's ain't been looked on mighty friendly since then. Word 's d'em rebel's caught it bad a few towns up north, dark powers be workin'." He brushes your hand aside with a rag, sweeping the coins off as if he were cleaning.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ferrix]
"Rebels and Mythar? That's a mess I'd like to avoid, but I'm heading north. Bah, what towns did they go to, maybe I can avoid em?"[/sblock]

Ferrix

Explorer
RillianPA said:
[sblock=Ferrix]
"Rebels and Mythar? That's a mess I'd like to avoid, but I'm heading north. Bah, what towns did they go to, maybe I can avoid em?"[/sblock]

[sblock=Jerod]"T's beyon' me where they've oft to." The barkeep shrugs and moves on down the bar to serve another customer."[/sblock]

Remove ads