IC: [Gestalt] The Standing Stone - Game 1

nonamazing

Explorer
Yanhal nods sagely as he listens to Jaqual's words. "Hmm...thank you, ethethurirl Jaqual," he says, using the draconic word for 'my friend'. "This information will surely be of help to us."

Yanhal seems to be about to say something else, but pauses briefly to let Donnor speak. "Well, although we may not have an obligation, per se, to help the folk of Ossington--if they are in some sort of trouble--doing so would certainly make us look good. And as I've mentioned before, our main focus right now should be on improving and increasing our reputation."

"You're right about the damned souless ones, though," Yanhal admits with a grimace. "Uriel's our best weapon against the undead, but he can't handle things all by himself. I think the rest of us could stand to be a bit better prepared." Yanhal pauses to think for a moment. "Say, Uriel, do you have any suggestions as to how our group as a whole could better deal with threats such as these?"

"In any event, I propose we travel to Ossington in the morning. I'm not really sure if we'll capture this mysterious sword for Lord Ashaan or not, but it certainly seems as if there might be something to see in the area. In any event, I'm curious to see what an 'empty forest' might look like. Wouldn't that just be a field?"

Velmont

First Post
Donnor shooks his head at Yanhal question. "There is roaming undead in that forest, and animals smell undead miles away. The forest must be empty of all his animals. Just imagine a forest where you can't hear the squirrel seachring in the fallen leaves for a nut, or the song of birds who try to seduce there females. I don't know how much the trees support the presence of such creatures, but they must not be in there best shape. They must be twisted and half dead. Now picture it in your mind and when the wind died, no sounds can be heard. I think Empty Forest is a good name to such an environment."

Kafkonia

First Post
Although Uriel chuckled at Yanhal's joke about the empty forest, Donnor's response silences his laughter. "I hadn't thought of that," he says. "Chilling."

"As for how best to deal with the threat of the undead, a few things are certain to help. Holy water, and any weapons blessed by the deities that smile on the living." He hesitates. "Beyond that, they are a varied enemy, and what is a help against one may be a hindrance against the next. That is part of what makes them so dangerous." Thinking for a moment, Uriel tries to determine if anything else might be of assistance against generic undead.

OOC:Knowledge: Religion +9

nonamazing

Explorer
Yanhal scowls at Donnor's depressing description of the Empty Forest. "Hopefully things haven't gotten quite that bad just yet. But even if conditions have deteriorated that far, then that's just all the more reason for someone to go out there and try to fix it."

"Holy water shouldn't be too hard to obtain," Yanhal says to Uriel, "although blessed weapons are probably out of our reach at the moment. Your advice is sound--let's make it a point to obtain as much holy water as we can before we leave."

Rayex

First Post
Ooc

Uriel:

[sblock]
Other things that you're pretty certain is good against undead:
Positive energy.
Sunlight, against some.
Wooden stakes might be good against vampires, but that might also be a myth, as far as you know.[/sblock]

Kafkonia

First Post
"I would also recommend we do most of our travelling during the day," Uriel continues, "and if we make camp for the night, we should make sure our watch is well-prepared. Most undead prefer the cover of darkness -- and even if they don't, it's generally safer to travel when the sun is out."

"These creatures -- if we find them -- if they're real -- are the opposite of the living. If all else fails, what cures us may well injure them. As for the weapons... Yondalla has been known to grant me her blessing on occasion." He grins. "I'm sure she would smile on my companions as well."

nonamazing

Explorer
"Yondalla may smile upon us, eh? Well, that's a piece of good news, by my word." Yanhal yawns, stretching his arms. "I'd like to catch a bit of sleep, if you don't mind. Are we agreed to leave in the morning, then?"

Velmont

First Post
"Fine for tomorrow morning. The earlier we leave, the earlier I'll have something to occupy my mind." Donnor starts to write down on a paper the story of the fives heroes who have stop the plot of the priestess, and how the marvelous elven warrior have been killed by that undead, and her lose will be felt by all her friends.

IcyCool

First Post
Jaqual places a hand on Donnor's shoulder. "Not to worry my friend, someday you will find the peace of mind you seek." He glances around at the others with a grin and says, "I knew you would be interested in this. I'm anxious to test the mettle of any foes we meet. I plan to be up with the sun, for the earlier start we get, the better."

Kafkonia

First Post
"Mr. Jaqual is correct," Uriel says. "Although I hate to miss the fine breakfast they no doubt prepare here, it is best if we take advantage of as much daylight as possible."

Remove ads