IC: [Gestalt] The Standing Stone - Game 2

Rayex

First Post
The kobold messenger

Listening to the groups questions, she smiles and nods. "I undersstand you have questionss... I will try to ansswer them all. The tomb of the warlord is ancient, and I don't know much about it or the warlord himsself. My masster probably doess though. What he told me, the blade iss a minor magical ssword, ssomething to do with ice. Ass for threatss, I would expect ssome trapss, of coursse, and perhapss a few undead. While my masster and I have been here before, we have been to the foresst, so any sspessificss about it, you wil have to assk the localss."

At the question regarding their payment and the credibility of her master, she sniffs and nods. "If four thoussand gold iss not enough, you name the price when you bring it back. The payment will come in whatever way you dessire, gold, gemss, magical trinketss... but it will come."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tobias nodes, a thoughtful look on his face. "Purging the world of the walking dead is a noble dead, worthy of the Valorous One. But you didn't answer my question---what does Lord Ashaan plan to do with the blade?"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
stonegod said:
Tobias nodes, a thoughtful look on his face. "Purging the world of the walking dead is a noble dead, worthy of the Valorous One. But you didn't answer my question---what does Lord Ashaan plan to do with the blade?"

"Hmmm, if the blade is a minor item, we should't worry too much now. Besides, we'll have plenty of time to determine what it can do."
Looking at the messenger, Fash says: "Do you have a map of the area we need to go to?"

OCC:
OK, I'm ready to Fast-Forward to the first town bordering the Empty Forest. There, we'll be on full "gather information" mode. I don't think we need to role play every single interaction. Rayex, if you want to give us a summary of what we learn, we should be able to head to the forest.

Rayex

First Post
"Ashaan is a collector. Why, he will add it to his collection, I imagine. Now, anything else, I am quite in a hurry.." She taps her foot impatiently.

OOC:
Actually, you are already in the last town bordering the forest...

stonegod

"Nothing else. I believe we shall be going."

OOC:
Assuming we have rough directions where to go, unless anyone wants to do any other research.

Rayex

First Post
The forest.

You tell the messenger that you have what you need from her, and she leaves in a huff. You decide it would be better to wait untill the morning before leaving for the forest, and so you do.
The night goes peacefully, and you enjoy a rather nice breakfast the next morning, before heading north into the forest.

Will this forest never end? Already you've been traveling for days, but still the endless lines of trees hem in the road on either side. Overhead they meet in a leafy canopy that blocks out most of the sunlight, letting only the occasional sunbeam through into the dim half-light of the road below. Other than the ruttet dirt road, you've seen no traces of civilization since you entered the forest, and for the past few hours not even a birdcall or rustling in the undergrowth of some scampering woods-creature has broken the monotony. That's why the scream from somewhere up ahead sounds particularly loud in the silence of the forest.

Shortly thereafter you hear yet another scream from the road ahead. The second scream is clearly from another person than the first one. Kolan and Sylas can also hear the sound of hoofbeats coming from the same direction.

Just seconds later a man becomes visible about 120 feet up the road, turning a corner and running for his life towards you. He sees you, and start yells at you "He's after me! Save me!"

[sblock]
Listen checks for 2nd scream and hoofbeats: Kolan 20, Tobias 17, Sylas 24, Fash 16.

Initiative:
Fash 24
Sylas 15
Kolan 14
Running man 13
Tobias 11
[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Fash takes a few steps back from the group, concentrates and is suddenlty surrounded by darkness. The blob of darkness moves and goes up 20 ft in a nearby tree. Fash hides to take position against a potential attack.
OCC:
Use of spiderwalk invocation (already active), Activates darkness and goes up the tree. Hide+19, Move silently +16

Last edited:

stonegod

Tobias sets his heavy shield, draws his sword, and takes a defensive position. "You are safe now, sirrah. Who chases you?"

[OOC:
Total defense stance. Sense motive to make sure our "friend" is on the up and up. Tobias has been caught off guard too many times...
]

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Kolan unslings his warhammer and shield and moves up to stand next to his holy friend, his hammer not yet raised in an agressive stance but ready to, just in case. He throws a quick look sideways to Tobias and shrugs slightly, deferring to the holy warrior who seems more suited to figuring out what to do in this situation.

OOC:
Full Defense, following Tobias' lead.

Remove ads