IC: [Gestalt] The Standing Stone - Game 2

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
[sblock=All]OCC: Guys, I'm off on vacation for 1 week and don't know if I'll have internet access. In order not to slow the game down, please put Fash on autopilot. Thanks & cheers! [/sblock]

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Kolan moves to intercept the running man, positioning himself so that the ghost will have to move past him to attack the running man.

OOC:
Sorry about the lateness, I've had a busy week.

Rayex

First Post
On the road - Round 3

Fash, seeing the horseman coming closer, holds his attack, hoping to get it from its flank.

Sylas, realising the dark spirit is terrorizing this man, makes some signs of warding in the air, causing a strange mystic surge to emmanate toward the ghost.

"This spirit must be put to rest..."

Kolan moves to intercept the running man, positioning himself so that the ghost will have to move past him to attack the running man.

Seeing safety real close now, the man slows down as he pass Kolan, and thanks you. "Thank you good sirs!" he explaims, panting as he tries to get further from the horseman.

Seeing the ghostly form before him, Tobias yells, "Beware the ghost! Only magic or magic weapons can harm it, though not easily!" With that, he tries to intervene between the ghost and the man, once again calling for his god's holy might!

Seeminly mindless, the ghost continues its floating charge on the man. As the ghost comes close to Kolan, the mighty Stonechild swings his warhammer. The mighty hammer seems to flow through the ghost, but just as you think you was unable to hit it, you feel it biting into the undead spirit, punching through and damaging it.

[sblock]
Sylas: Chastise Spirit: rolled 6d6 for a total of 18 damage. Horseman was lucky, rolled a total of 23 on his will check, took 9 damage.
Tobias' Turn Undead check: Rolled a 13, for a total of 21. Not enough to turn it this time either.
Kolan: Readied attack as the ghost comes in range: Rolled a 4, a total of 19, a hit. Rolled a 99 to hit incorporeal target, a hit. Rolled 6, for a total of 16 damage.

Initiative:
Fash 24 - Darkness activated, hidden in a tree at the roadside. Awaiting the horseman to come into position so he can flank him.
Sylas 15 - Is among the trees and 30 feet infront of the party, hidden at the roadside. 1 Chastise Spirit attemts used.
Kolan 14 - Positioned a few feet infront of the rest, in a position that forces the horseman to run past him to get the runing man. Readied action to attack it as it comes in range.
Running man 13 - Is now with the party, edging closer to the back, hoping for safety from the ghost.
Tobias 11 - Since you cannot turn anything more than 60 ft. away, you readied an action to turn the ghost as it comes in range. 4 Turn Undead attempts used.
Horseman 8 - Is close to Kolan now, still heading for the man. 39 damage.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Seeing his attempts to destroy the creature frustrated, the holy warrior takes a different tact. Cluthing his holy symbol with his free shield hand, Tobias chants words of power. The blinding white light of his searing ray suddenly bolts at his target!

ByteRynn

First Post
"This spirit must go!"

Again, Sylas makes gestures of warding in the air toward the ghost.

OOC: [sblock]If needed, move closer to the ghost (within 30 ft.), otherwise, if I am in range, stay at the tree-line. Chastise Spirits. 6d6, Will DC 21 for half-damage[/sblock]

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Kolan spins with suprising rapidity given the bulk of his armor and leaps forward to swing at the creature again, a mighty crashing blow with all the Earth-Child's formidable strength behind it.

OOC:
If I'm close enough to 5' step and be in melee range, I'll do that and full attack with -3/+3 power attack (+12/+7 to hit, 1d8+13 damage), otherwise I'll charge it with a full -6/+6 power attack (+11 to hit, 1d8+16 damage, -2 AC until next round). Also, technically I have a warhammer, not an axe.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Fash, seing that the creature is an undead and therefore not affected by a flanking attack, will blast it with eldrich energy.

OCC:
Eldrich blast (ranged touch attack):+9 (+10 <30ft) attack, 3d6 (+1 <30ft) damage (Magic), 20/x2, 60 ft range

OCC 2:
I'm back from vacation; thanks for your patience!

Rayex

First Post
On the road - round 4.

Fash, seing that the creature is an undead and therefore not affected by a flanking attack, will blast it with eldrich energy. The missile of eldritch energy passes right through the ghost though, and disapears into the woods.

"This spirit must go!"
Again, Sylas makes gestures of warding in the air toward the ghost, and this time it damages it more so than the last time.

Kolan spins with suprising rapidity given the bulk of his armor and leaps forward to swing at the creature again, a mighty crashing blow with all the Earth-Child's formidable strength behind it. Once more the hammer strikes true, damaging it. Still, it seems not to notice.

The man, now feeling safe, continues a couple of feet more, before stopping completely and looking at the combat.

Seeing his attempts to destroy the creature frustrated, the holy warrior takes a different tact. Cluthing his holy symbol with his free shield hand, Tobias chants words of power. The blinding white light of his searing ray suddenly bolts at his target, but the ray passes right through the ghost.

The horseman, now considerably damaged but seems unaffected, fades from view a moment, before reappearing behind the party, a few feet infront of the frightened man. In short order, the horseman strikes down the man, before the horse rears and tramples the body into the ground.

[sblock]
Fash: Rolled a 5, for a total of 15, a miss with Eldritch Blast.
Sylas: Chastise Spirit: rolled 6d6 for a total of 30 damage. Horseman was lucky again, rolled a total of 22 on his will check, took 15 damage.
Kolan: You are in range to Full-Attack. Rolled a 17 and a 9 to hit, for a total of 29 and 16. Two hits. Rolled 34 and 80 to hit an incorporeal target, only the second attack hit it. Rolled a 7, for a total of 20 damage.
Tobias: Rolled a 18, for a total of 24 on the attack. A hit. Rolled a 31 to hit incorporeal target, a miss.

Initiative:
Fash 24 - Darkness activated, hidden in a tree at the roadside.
Sylas 15 - Is among the trees and 30 feet infront of the party, hidden at the roadside. 2 Chastise Spirit attemts used.
Kolan 14 - Positioned a few feet infront of the rest, attacking the Horseman.
Running man 13 - Is 10 feet behind the party, lying on the ground, being trampled by the horse.
Tobias 11 - 4 Turn Undead attempts used.
Horseman 8 - Is now behind the party, trampeling the man. 74 damage.

[/sblock]

ByteRynn

First Post
"Ah! He get's away from me!"

Sylas, cursing at how far the horseman has fled, casts a spell.

After the spellcasting is complete, he move very quickly along the treeline, back in range with the horseman.

ooc: [sblock]cast expeditous retreat, move along the tree-line toward the rear of the party.[/sblock]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Fash will blast the gost again. Darn thing, he thinks to himself. I hate undead!

OCC: :
Eldrich blast (ranged touch attack):+9 (+10 <30ft) attack, 3d6 (+1 <30ft) damage (Magic), 20/x2, 60 ft range

Remove ads