[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

Mista Collins

First Post
Realizing the danger to the dwarf is greater than she first thought, Tanith decides to use something a little more trustworthy. Chanting in the Draconic tongue, Tanith points her left hand in the direction of the ants and three bolts of force speed through the air striking one of the ants in thorax.

OOC - Magic Missile for 11 DMG

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Courage stands with her legs apart, feeling the earth beneath her feet. She raises her bow, and the drawstring sings as she knocks an arrow. She quickly (rapidly, one might say) looses two arrows into the carapace of one of the creatures.

She calls out, in Common,
"Stand back or we shall continue to attack."

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

[sblock=Back at the Inn...]
Kobold Stew said:
She crouches in front of the wolf, "Greetings, Dyspeer." and then, from her corouched position, loooks up at Shaimon. "And greetings to you. Are you a traveller as well?"

Shaimon seems to perk up even more at the question. "I am!" he says. "I'm on a spirit quest to 'touch the corners of the world.'" Here he furrows his brow. "I suppose part of the quest is figuring out just what that means?"

At Jonas' introduction, the large man extends a hand in greeting. "A priest, eh? If you've got to pick a god, you have to appreciate the one who fancies nature, right?"[/sblock]

"Dyspeer," Shaimon calls out, pointing to the dwarf in peril, "Protect him!"

The wolf dashes forward, his human companion trailing behind, pulling out a sprig of mistletoe. When he's retrieved that, he stops, holding it in front of him as if it were a weapon. Unintelligable words spill forth as he sweeps the mistletoe low to his feet, swirling it around as he rises.

Even as the wolf closes the gap, The nearby plants seem to reach up, twisting and grappling onto the ants.

[sblock=OOC]Does Dyspeer share Shaimon's initiative?

Link means the handle animal check to give Dyspeer the Defend command is a free action. Given the distance, I'll assume a double move for Dyspeer.

Shaimon's only going to make a single move, since he'll use his standard action to cast Entangle such that the ants are affected but the dwarf stays free.[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
The ants attack the injured dwarf, who goes into total defense mode, and all miss.

Shaimon Hu'u advances toward the edge of the depression while casting Entangle, centered on the boulder that the injured dwarf is standing on. Plants, grass, and weeds sprout up through the boulder strewn depression from 20 feet in all directions, grabbing at the legs of anything within the radius.

Dyspeer stops at the edge of the depression, refusing to move into the entangled area.

Courage fires two arrows at one ant. One misses, but the other lodges itself deep into the creature, sending a great howl of pain from it. None of the ants respond to her verbal command.

Tanith sends three migic missiles speeding toward one ant. The ant instantly falls to the ground in a heap.

20 Skodi Karakus watches
18 Ants attack injured dwarf (miss, miss, miss)
17 Injured Dwarf (total defense)
16 Shaimon Hu'u (commands Dyspeer, casts Entangle
15 Dyspeer Advances to battle but stops at edge of entangle spell
14 Courage Bloodstone fires two arrows at one ant (hit, damage=9; miss)
12 Jonas Cleighton readies his weapon
3 Tanith Dathius casts Magic Missle killing one ant

Round 2

One of the ants has avoided being entangled, but the other has not. Both attack the defending dwarf again but miss.

The injured dwarf, still swearing, does his best to hide behind his shield and dodge the ants' attacks. He pulls a potion from his belt and drinks it quickly. The ants move in for another attack, but he manages to hold them off.

20 Skodi Karakus watches
18 Ants attack injured dwarf (miss, miss)
17 Injured Dwarf (drinks potion)
-- Ants AoO (miss, miss)
16 Shaimon Hu'u
15 Dyspeer Advances to battle
14 Courage Bloodstone
12 Jonas Cleighton
3 Tanith Dathius

jkason

First Post

"That's a bloody good trick, Tanith," Shaimon calls to the mage as her arcane bolts take down the ant. "I've only got the normal sort of arrow, myself. I'm not nearly as fast as Courage, but if I hit, mine pack a fair punch."

Shaimon drops his mistletoe and draws the bow from his back, trying his best to demonstrate his point.

[sblock=OOC]Drop mistletoe as free action, draw bow as move action, draw arrow as free action, attack +2 (includes the -4 modifier for firing into melee), 1d8+3 damage (x3 crit)[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Round 2
20 Skodi Karakus watches
18 Ants attack injured dwarf (miss, miss)
17 Injured Dwarf (total defense)
16 Shaimon Hu'u misses
15 Dyspeer Advances to battle
14 Courage Bloodstone fires two arrows one ant (miss, hit damage=7), killing it
12 Jonas Cleighton
3 Tanith Dathius cast Magic Missile killing one ant

--------------------------------
Shaimon Hu'u draws his bowstring back impossibly far, impressing Tanith greatly. He looses the arrow and unfortunately misses the ant completely. The arrow whizzes by the injured dwarf's head and continues its impressively long flight out of sight (rolled a natural 1).

Courage Bloodstone launches two fast arrows at the same ant. The first one misses, but the second one strikes true and the ant falls motionless.

Tanith cringes as Shaimon Hu'u's arrow nearly impales the injured dwarf. While she may be impressed by the great distance she worries that his accuracy may kill the poor dwarf. She decides to spare the man and launch three more balls of force at the remaining ant, which also falls to the ground motionless.

As the last ant falls the injured dwarf peeks up from behind his shield. Upon seeing the fallen ants he stands up. Again he starts to curse in the dwarven tongue. Whatever he says, it makes Tanith chuckle a bit.

[sblock=Tanith]Between the foul words he may be making up on the fly, you think you can hear him saying something about wasting a potion for nothing.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post

industrygothica said:
Shaimon Hu'u draws his bowstring back impossibly far, impressing Tanith greatly. He looses the arrow and unfortunately misses the ant completely. The arrow whizzes by the injured dwarf's head and continues its impressively long flight out of sight (rolled a natural 1).

Shaimon grimaces as the arrow nearly takes out the man he meant to help. Luckily, his companions have far better aim, be it natural or arcane. As the last ant falls, Shaimon quickly returns his bow to his back, almost as if he wanted to pretend he'd never fired an arrow.

He whistles for Dyspeer. As the wolf trots back, Shaimon stoops to retrieve his mistletoe, sweeping it once over the ground before standing. At the gesture, the magically-augmented plant growth releases the ant corpses and returns to its natural state.

Upon seeing the fallen ants he stands up. Again he starts to curse in the dwarven tongue. Whatever he says, it makes Tanith chuckle a bit.

Shaimon's blush is apparent as he moves to the mage and whispers, "Is that about me? I swear, I really was aiming for the ants..."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Courage advances and offers her hand to the dwarf. "My name is Courage," she says introducing herself. "Can you tell us why these creatures were attacking you?"

She looks down at the creatures, to assess what they were carrying, if they bear insignia or other markings, etc.

Remove ads