• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

industrygothica said:
The dwarf takes Courage's hand, "Relgarn Grayforge," he says.

After letting go of Courage's hand, he take a couple of quick steps towards Shaimon. "Ye durn near killed me boy! Hone up on yer aim a bit afore ye go killin' somethin' yer not meanin' to, eh? Namely me!"

Shaimon opens his mouth to object, but nothing comes out. Instead, his shoulders sag as he gets out of the dwarf's way. Seeing Courage move to inspect the ants, Shaimon moves to them as well, his shame quickly overcome by his curiosity at these strange insects.

"You know, ants are big collectors usually. Don't suppose they'd have an appetite for walnuts...?' he ponders softly aloud

[sblock=OOC]We didn't RP Shaimon getting all caught up on the details of this quest, but I'm assuming it happened over the course of the evening / next morning. If that's not the case, I can re-edit the mumbling above. :)

Know: nature +8 to see if he knows anything about the ants / what might have happened to them?[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
jkason said:
[sblock=OOC]We didn't RP Shaimon getting all caught up on the details of this quest, but I'm assuming it happened over the course of the evening / next morning. If that's not the case, I can re-edit the mumbling above. :)

Know: nature +8 to see if he knows anything about the ants / what might have happened to them?[/sblock]

The details are fine. I'd assume the party would tell you about it, just to see if you knew anything about it, if nothing else.

You know nothing special about the ants other than that they are very large. Other than their size, there appears to be no difference between them and their smaller kin.

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Jonas gathers his things back up after treating Relgarn. If my colleagues' tracking confirms my suspicion, we are indeed heading that way. He tells the dwarf. Olidammara watch you on your way friend.

Question for you Tanith: are ants this big entirely natural creations, or you think some magician had a hand to play in the matter?

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=Tanith, Courage]You have heard tales of giants ants of this nature before. Like the dire badger you fought before, they are a blashpemous breed, but a naturally occurring one nonetheless. What you tell the rest of the party is up to you.[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Eva of Sirrion said:
Question for you Tanith: are ants this big entirely natural creations, or you think some magician had a hand to play in the matter?

Courage opens her mouth and is about to begin to answer, but defers to Tanith. Jonas' question is not directed at her, after all. Her lips press together, forming the appearance of a small crooked smile, as she begins down the trail.

Last edited:

Mista Collins

First Post
"I have heard tales of giants ants of this nature before. Like the dire badgers or any other dire beasts, they are a blashpemous breed, but a naturally occurring one nonetheless."

"Any other information regarding our travels through these woods we should know about, Mr. Grayforge?"

industrygothica

Adventurer
Mista Collins said:
"Any other information regarding our travels through these woods we should know about, Mr. Grayforge?"

"Nothin'," he says. "Other than ye ought not t'be goin' at all."

Courage thinks the trail will be easy enough to follow, but with the thick underbrush it will be slow moving.

ooc: movement is cut in half while you are following the trail, by a third otherwise.

jkason

First Post

industrygothica said:

Courage thinks the trail will be easy enough to follow, but with the thick underbrush it will be slow moving.

ooc: movement is cut in half while you are following the trail, by a third otherwise.

"Lead where you may, Courage," Shaimon says, taking up a position right behind her. As they enter the underbrush, he slows down to allow her to track, but seems otherwise unmolested by the foliage.

[sblock=OOC]Just some color to cover the Woodland Stride ability[/sblock]

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
industrygothica said:

"Thank you for your concern," Courage says to the dwarf. "Are you fine to make it to the village from this point?" The last is asked out of courtesy, but Courage is not especially interested in the answer: she doubts a dwarf would admit any hesitancy about this, and, besides, she has a trail to follow.

As they proceed, Courage dropping to one knee occasionally to test the impressions in the soil [*has* more than one humanoid been past here recently?], she speaks to Shaimon:

"Are you a tracker yourself? perhaps I should be following you."

jkason

First Post

Kobold Stew said:
"Thank you for your concern," Courage says to the dwarf. "Are you fine to make it to the village from this point?" The last is asked out of courtesy, but Courage is not especially interested in the answer: she doubts a dwarf would admit any hesitancy about this, and, besides, she has a trail to follow.

As they proceed, Courage dropping to one knee occasionally to test the impressions in the soil [*has* more than one humanoid been past here recently?], she speaks to Shaimon:

"Are you a tracker yourself? perhaps I should be following you."

Shaimon averts his eyes and bites his lip before answering. "I'm all right at finding tracks, but I never did have the knack for following them," he admits. "Dyspeer can follow a scent if need be, though, but I'm not sure what scent we should have him sample. Might be best to stick with the tracks."

[sblock=OOC]I think I remembered that correctly: without the Track feat, you can find tracks but not follow them with Survival, yes?[/sblock]

Remove ads