• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

industrygothica

Adventurer
jkason said:
[sblock=OOC]I think I remembered that correctly: without the Track feat, you can find tracks but not follow them with Survival, yes?[/sblock]

That sounds about right. Either way, there are really no tracks here to follow, just a nearly non-existant trail.

Relgarn says he doesn't need your help to get where he is going, thought he hasn't made up him mind yet if it to the village or not. He thanks you again, and gives Shaimon a wink and ribs him again about his aim before everyone goes their seperate ways.

As far as the trail goes, you can see the faint outlines of what was once a more traveled route, but nature has all but erased it completely. There are no more tracks than you'd expect; those being that of Relgarn (or so you'd guess) heading west, and two other sets (presumably those of the guards) leading east. Nothing else seems out of the oridinary.

After several hours of walking, you see a fifteen-foot wide stream that washes down a shallow valley. The stream itself seems to be fairly shallow at this point, and can likely be easily forded. On the east bank (you are on the west bank) sit signs of habitation; semi-permanent shack made of strips of canvasstretched over a wood frameis perched on a flat stretch of gravelly beach on the stream's edge.

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

industrygothica said:
That sounds about right. Either way, there are really no tracks here to follow, just a nearly non-existant trail.

Relgarn says he doesn't need your help to get where he is going, thought he hasn't made up him mind yet if it to the village or not. He thanks you again, and gives Shaimon a wink and ribs him again about his aim before everyone goes their seperate ways.

As far as the trail goes, you can see the faint outlines of what was once a more traveled route, but nature has all but erased it completely. There are no more tracks than you'd expect; those being that of Relgarn (or so you'd guess) heading west, and two other sets (presumably those of the guards) leading east. Nothing else seems out of the oridinary.

After several hours of walking, you see a fifteen-foot wide stream that washes down a shallow valley. The stream itself seems to be fairly shallow at this point, and can likely be easily forded. On the east bank (you are on the west bank) sit signs of habitation; semi-permanent shack made of strips of canvasstretched over a wood frameis perched on a flat stretch of gravelly beach on the stream's edge.

Shaimon, Dyspeer at his heel, looks back to the others at the sight of the homes. "Should we go a-calling, then?"

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Courage smiles and nods, and starts heading across, the chill of the river on her ankles causing a slight shiver as she does so.

industrygothica

Adventurer
You get partway across the stream and two dwarf-sized figures come shambling out of the shack, both wearing cloaks and gloves.

"Turn back, ye rotten claim jumpers!"
one shouts in a raspy voice.

"If bandits ye be, then nothin' here'll interest ye. Find another!" shouts the other in an equally raspy voice.

It is obvious that they are trying to hide their appearance for whatever reason, although they aren't doing a very good job of it. You can tell that they are wearing patrol armor under their cloaks, and that their skin appears red and chitinous.

jkason

First Post

industrygothica said:
It is obvious that they are trying to hide their appearance for whatever reason, although they aren't doing a very good job of it. You can tell that they are wearing patrol armor under their cloaks, and that their skin appears red and chitinous.

Shaimon frowns, whispering to his companions, "Am I the only one thinking these folks might be the kind who like big ants?".

Mista Collins

First Post
Tanith looks at Shaimon and seriously replies with a quiet whisper, "I bet you their odd skin burns pretty well." And then with a smile, "but it might not even come to that."

Addressing the two shorter men, Tanith shouts "We aren't claim jumpers. The only thing I'm claiming is that I am not a bandit."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Courage separates from the group, and --slowly, carefully -- starts walking around in a large circle, to get into a flanking position. She is not making any threatening gestures, but wants to be ready if something goes awry. Her nocked bow is in her hand but pointing towards the ground. Her other hand reasches for the silver symbol she wears around her neck. Invoking her god, she prays to determine whether or not these creatures are evil.

Courage smiles. Another type of ant creature.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post

Mista Collins said:
Tanith looks at Shaimon and seriously replies with a quiet whisper, "I bet you their odd skin burns pretty well." And then with a smile, "but it might not even come to that."

Shaimon's face takes on a wry amusement.

"You know, the embers did show me a fire trick during my morning commune..." he whispers back.

Knowing he's not particularly good at first impressions, Shaimon stays otherwise silent, letting those more charismatic than himself handle the negotiations and keeping his eyes and ears open for threats.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Mista Collins said:
"but it might not even come to that."

or not..., Tanith thinks as the two figures shed their cloaks and each fire off a crossbow bolt at Courage. Fortunately they both miss. Unfortunately, you're probably not going to get out of this without another fight.

"In the name of Hehranna turn back!", one of them shouts

Initiative Order:
19 Shaimon Hu'u
20 Dyspeer
15 Jonas Cleighton
13 Courage Bloodstone
9 Tanith Dathius
5 Dwarf sized figures

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
As the bolts fly by her right, Courage stops where she stands and raises her bow.

Courage releases the first arrow, which is followed quickly by a second.

At their taunt, she responds without hesitation:

"Drop your weapons if you wish to live. Now."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads