• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

Mista Collins

First Post
jkason said:
Shaimon's blush is apparent as he moves to the mage and whispers, "Is that about me? I swear, I really was aiming for the ants..."

With a smile and a pat on the man's broad shoulders. "Don't worry Shaimon, I don't think the man saw it while he was hiding behind his shield."

Following Courage, Tanith introduces herself to the Dwarf. "My name is Tanith. I wouldn't waste your breath complaining that potion you drank. If our help wasn't so swift, it could have been the deciding factor in saving your life."

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Jonas was about ready to charge headlong into battle, but could only watch in dismay as his comrades lay waste all three of the ants. He lets out a big sigh and lets his rapier, which was raised to the heavens, fall limply to his side.

Hells you guys, leave some for me next time! is the only comment he can manage. Olidammara, we humbly pray that you forgive your humble servant Jonas for not rushing headlong into battle in a brash show of derring-do to smite thy foes and impresseth thy ladyfolk.

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"I would not fear, comrade Jonas..." begins Courage, with a crooked smile. "I am certain that you will more than make it up to your god by insulting the rest of us in the future."

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Ordinarily Jonas would be happy to banter with Miss Bloodstone for a bit, but he had work to do.

He goes to check on the injured dwarf. I am Jonas, resident healer for this company. I'll tend to your wounds if you wish.

industrygothica

Adventurer
The dwarf takes Courage's hand, "Relgarn Grayforge," he says.

After letting go of Courage's hand, he take a couple of quick steps towards Shaimon. "Ye durn near killed me boy! Hone up on yer aim a bit afore ye go killin' somethin' yer not meanin' to, eh? Namely me!"

He hops down off of the boulder and kicks at the ants, making sure they're fully dead. "Blasted things been all over the place of late. Dunno what it is that's got 'em riled up like that. This ain't the worst of it though, or me grandpappy's a gnome. Strange tracks, 'tain't no ants. 'Tain't no man, either. I been seein' 'em here an' there. Other stuff too. Sumptin' foul goin' on here, that's fer sure."

After a few minutes, you notice that his initial rage seems to subside, and he nearly collapses. He looks up at Jonas, pale and out of breath, his injuries obviously catching up to him. "'Bout that healin'?" he manages to say before he loses consciousness.

Eva of Sirrion

First Post
Jonas wastes no time in setting to work, after catching him and easing him down, Jonas unfurls his bedroll and drapes it over him, then uses his pack to prop up the dwarf's feet. He then unleashes his most powerful healing magicks to stabilize the dwarf's wounds.

[sblock=ooc]Swapping whatever my non-domain 3rd-level spell is (believe searing light) to cast cure serious wounds[/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Jonas calls upon the power of the Laughing Rogue to mend the gruff dwarf's wounds. Soon enough Relgarn begins to cough and you can see his wounds close as he takes a deep breath, the life coming back to his dee[ green eyes.

A wide, yellow-toothed smile appears in the middle of Relgarn's matted beard. "A durn fine battle that'n was, but I coulda beat 'em by meself!" He sits up, reaching for his waterskin. "but all the same, thank ye anyway fer yer help."

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
"When you are feeling better, perhaps you could show me those tracks you mentioned?" asks Courage with a smile.

She looks down at the chitin that protected the creatures [OOC: do we have the name "Formian" in our vocabulary?] She looks to understand what she can of their anatomy, of where they are naturally protected and where they might be weak. She looks for inndications of culture, or rank -- are there decorations on the carapaces, or funny hats? And the weapons they use -- metal? forged? Do they have opposable thumbs?

--all the typical reconnaissance questions Courage is trained to perform, on the assumption she is going to see these creatures again.

She is in addition going to look for signs of something that would be making these creatures behave differently: signs of disease, previous injury. Then she casts detect evil on the area of corpses, but perhaps (if possible) encompassing our new dwarven friend as well.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Kobold Stew said:
"When you are feeling better, perhaps you could show me those tracks you mentioned?" asks Courage with a smile.

She looks down at the chitin that protected the creatures [OOC: do we have the name "Formian" in our vocabulary?] She looks to understand what she can of their anatomy, of where they are naturally protected and where they might be weak. She looks for inndications of culture, or rank -- are there decorations on the carapaces, or funny hats? And the weapons they use -- metal? forged? Do they have opposable thumbs?

--all the typical reconnaissance questions Courage is trained to perform, on the assumption she is going to see these creatures again.

She is in addition going to look for signs of something that would be making these creatures behave differently: signs of disease, previous injury. Then she casts detect evil on the area of corpses, but perhaps (if possible) encompassing our new dwarven friend as well.

You have heard of formians before. But for what you've heard of them, you know that these creatures most definitely are NOT formians.

These creatures fight with no armor or weapons, and look for all the world like everyday ordinary ants, just really, REALLY big ones.

You detect no evil auras in the area.

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc] Thought the yellow would be easier to read for npc dialogue...[/sblock]

"I can tell ye where the tracks are, but I won't be headin' back that way again. Too many strange noises at night. That durn chitterin' racket'll send shivers up yer spine, that's fer sure."

He points out another faint trail hidden beneath the grass and weeds, leading east and perpendicular to the one you are on now. "Had me a camp farther down the trail. Nearly half a days walk from here 'cause o' all that underbrush. There be a stream runnin' next to it. No sense in followin' the track though; that thing that's made 'em's dead. Found it floatin' in the stream. That's when I decided to leave. The damndest thing it was. Looked like some wretched cross 'tween ant an' ogre. How's that fer a mix? 'Tain't neither one of 'em worth a durn.

"Anyways, yer likely to see some track up there. Mind ye, couple o' patrol guards is up there now. Prospectin' I'd guess, but 'tain't none o' my business. I runned across 'em a while back, told 'em they could use the place while I was away. Warned 'em just as I did you, but they was intent on explorin'. Either way, 'tain't none o' my business.

"Anyways, go up there if ya wanna. I ain't goin'. Too many other places around here good for prospectin'. Places with none o' that blasted chitterin' at night."

Remove ads