• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[IC] Industrygothica's "The Hive"

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

OOC: Yeah. Keep pounding. Hrm. I've never been in a TPK before, but this isn't looking good, is it? :\

industrygothica

Adventurer
jkason said:
OOC: Yeah. Keep pounding. Hrm. I've never been in a TPK before, but this isn't looking good, is it? :\

[sblock=ooc]Neither have I, as DM nor as a player. But no, this isn't looking good at all. Fortunately your barkskin spell is/was active, or that crit would've confirmed and you'd really be in trouble. ;)[/sblock]

Tanith Stabilizes. Courage loses another hitpoint.

The dwarf's axe takes a chunk of flesh from Dyspeer, but does not drop him. Dyspeer and the summoned wolf again team up on the dwarf, but aren't able to do any real damage.

The formian again impales Shai with his stinger. Miraculously Shai remains on his feet, even as a hot spray of blood erupts from his gut as the formian extracts his stinger.

Jonas swings and cuts the formian deeply, but it remains standing and continues attacking Jonas with his teeth and claws, opening a nasty gash on Jonas' cheek.

--------------------------------------------
Round 7

14 Tanith Dathius -3/20 (stable):
11 D2: (stable)
7 Courage Bloodstone -9/34 (dying): (10% chance to stabilize=60, fail, -1 hp, Courage dies)
7 Jonas Cleighton 15/36:
7 D1: attacks Dyspeer (20=crit, 2+=not confirmed, 12 damage, Dyspeer falls)
5 Summoned wolf 13/13 (last round): attacks the dwarf (19+3=hit, 1d6+1=2 damage, D1 falls)
5 Shaimon Hu'u -1/32 (barkskin 184 rounds, disabled): attacks formian (20=crit, 20(!)+8 confirms, 21 damage
5 Dyspeer -9/29: dying
5 Formian (dead):

Jonas and the foriman are the only conscious beings in the room.

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Jonas takes a step backwards and casts a CLW on Shai, holding his sword in a defensive posture

(OOC:fighting defensively, taking a 5'step backwards and casting CLW (one left...) on Shai, healing 13 pts )

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Ooc

industrygothica said:
The formian again impales Shai with his stinger, and this time Shai falls to the ground helpless, a hot spray of blood erupting from his gut as the formian extracts his stinger.

OOC: Shai has the Diehard feat, so he's actually still conscious and can act as if disabled if he chooses to. Which, things being dire as they are, he's going to do. :\

industrygothica

Adventurer
jkason said:
OOC: Shai has the Diehard feat, so he's actually still conscious and can act as if disabled if he chooses to. Which, things being dire as they are, he's going to do. :\

ooc: Excellent. Thanks for reminding me. I changed the descriptive text a little to go with that.

Dr.Z, do you want to ammend Jonas' actions in light of this, or stick with the spell? I think you're probably close enough to be able to cast it on Tanith as well, if you want.

jkason

First Post
industrygothica said:
ooc: Excellent. Thanks for reminding me. I changed the descriptive text a little to go with that.

Go ahead and assume Shai keeps attacking while he still can (since he auto-stabalizes when he finally lets himself fall unconscious, he can attack up until he'd fall to -9 without risking death just from his existing wounds. Mind you, he's pretty well likely to die if they don't take the formian down this round and it hits him with the stinger again, but what the heck...)

industrygothica

Adventurer
As the formian removes its stinger from Shai's belly, the druid raises his hammer with both hands for a final, mighty swing. Even as he chokes on his own blood Shai's aim is deadly accurate; his hammer finds its mark square on the top of the formians head, which explodes on impact. The force of his swing carries the hammer down deeper into the formian's carcass, embedding itself firmly into what would be a humanoid's ribcage.

Jonas is shocked at the force of Shai's blow, and stares in open-mouthed awe at the druid, who should surely be dead by now.

PC Status
14 Tanith Dathius -3/20 (stable):
7 Courage Bloodstone -10/34 (dead):
7 Jonas Cleighton 19/36:
5 Shaimon Hu'u -2/32 (barkskin 183 rounds, disabled):
5 Dyspeer -9/29 (dying):

Last edited:

DrZombie

First Post
Jonas spends an orison on healing dyspeer, then heals Shaimon and tanith (his last CLW's).
He goes to the cooling body of Courage, closes it's eyes and says a mournfull prayer.

jkason

First Post
Shaimon Hu'u, barbaric human druid

As the formian falls, Shai himself seems to shudder. His bloodshot eyes look about the room at the devastation. He stumbles to his wolf, bleeding on the ground, and the large man looks suddenly very small and feeble.

DrZombie said:
Jonas spends an orison on healing dyspeer, then heals Shaimon and tanith (his last CLW's).

As Dyspeer comes back from the brink, Shai cradles his head, smiling and crying at the same time. "Thank you, priest," the big man whispers.

He goes to the cooling body of Courage, closes it's eyes and says a mournfull prayer.

Shai's joy at his companion's survival dissolves as he sees they've lost yet another companion. His smile falls into a tooth-gritting resolve.

"This quest has already cost us far too much," he says evenly. "We found the nuts you promised to track down. We said we'd try to find this missing dwarf, and I think we've done that." With effort, Shai rises. "I fear if we go any further, none will return at all."

Remove ads