• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

IC - Mad King's Monkey II

doghead

thotd
Day five, Morning, in the courtyard of the Baron's residence

In the circle of radiance created by Jan's spell, Ullara fights with ferocious intensity to save the boy. The poison isn't strong, but the boy is terribly weak and close to death. It a tense half minute as Ullara attempts to help the boy overcome the effects of the poison so she can stabilise him. He has two deep stab wounds in the front torso, struck from low, that continue to ooze blood respite the boy's almost non-existant heartbeat. Its a close run thing, with the boy a hair's breadth away from death before Ullara is able to pull him back. The boy will live, but someone else will have to stoke the fires for a while.

Bran circles around the courtyard, sniffing. Eventually his nose goes down and his tail up. He works his way around the courtyard stopping at the wall beneath the spot Jan just pointed out. He grunts another bark, before trotting back to Ullara and to commence sniffing around all over again.

From the door leading to the kitchen a light emerges, followed by the cook bearing a candle. "Whats going on? Where is Sour? He needs to get the fires stoked if anyone is to get any breakfast this morning."

Axel

First Post
After the rats sudden dispersal, and the dog's quick exit to the courtyard, Bayar took the time to dress and started buckling his armour on. There were enough people in hand to deal with anything that might still be in the courtyard, and Ullara had him worried about what else might be on it's way. Attacked by rats in bed! That be a new one, I not be sure I know anybody who can say that.

ooc: Sorry for the delay. Back from the wedding weekend, catching up on all the games now. Strapping a breastplate (and pants) on takes 4 mins, or 1 minute if anyone helps.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc -

Just realized: Healing was a 12, so if it helps to give an aid another, can we count it as such?

if so . . . . .

Jan will speak of what he knows to assist the boy's rescue.

"Sour has been struck with the most hanious of wounds! he is poisened and hovers yet near death." he says to the awakened cook.

doghead

thotd
Day five, Morning, in the courtyard of the Baron's residence and the room above the store

The cook nearly faints upon hearing Jan's terrible pronouncement. But she rallies and hustles over to where Sour lies motionless.

She fires off numerous questions at Ullara while she comforts the boy. "What happened? Will he be all right? Who did this? Is it safe now?"

"Stop standing around like a popinjay and waving that sword and go and get some help," she tells Jan, "Bang on a few doors and get some of the men out here. We will move the boy to the kitchens were its warm."

[sblock=Ullara]Ullara's Speak spell still lingers; "Man. Beast. Badness. Fresh. Gone now. Fading. Climb here." Although she doesn't need the spell to get the gist.[/sblock]

Bayar, meanwhile, pulls on his armour.

OOC: It will take Jan a minute or so to wake and gather a few people.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Poisoned, by who or what, I'm not certain right now. Enough of that! Jan, Bran found traces of whoever did this. He climbed over the wall, right there where he's pointing!" Ullara says, pointing at her dog, who's staring at one place of the wall.

Scott DeWar

Jan does as he is told until Bayer is ready banging on doors with his sword hilt to wake them. When Bayar is ready He wll join the fighter to search the spot where he saw the shadow.

Axel

First Post
Encased in good Hessian steel again, Bayar clumped down the stairs to where Ullara and Jan were. Ullara looked busy, tending to a small boy who was either wounded or will. Jan looked to be dithering, possibly not properly awake yet. Either way, Bayar soon catches up on the situation, the early morning light and shadows making him look more imposing than normal.

"I be going to fetch the guards Jan. We be searching outside, though I be sending the old one here to look. You be waking the others. Mebbe some be hearing what happened. "

Scott DeWar

"Well, I saw where a shadow stood on the wall when we got here. I woke up some of the household already. I can spend a bit of time to don my armor and maybe you can wake a few guards, meanwhile. That way there are two of us seasoned fighters with the guards.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Bayar was already on his way to where he knew the guards slept. "Be wary of old men with swords Jan. Not many be growing old by being stupid."

Scott DeWar

"Errp, um, well, yes, there is that." A wry smile forms on his lips as he figures out how to pull his foot out of his mouth.

Remove ads