IC - Mad King's Monkey II

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Ullara Halx, female human druid with dog companion Bran

Ullara had changed into her good outfit for their audience. Granted her "good" outfit consisted of the one travel outfit that wasn't stained, but at least it was neat and clean, if not dyed and embroidered and crafted of some fancy fabric like some she'd seen in the cities. Out of deference for the Baron, she'd left her darts and sickle behind, carrying only her staff and a dagger. Bran remained at her side, "dressed up" in a new collar, his hide brushed free from dirt.

She glances up at her companions, then over at the bell rope, and goes and gives it a tug. The letter they had would not get any closer to delivery with them dithering in the street.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: [OOTS]dither dither dither for the fun of it, dither dither dither all day. . . .[/OOTS]

Jan loses track of time as he brushes his clothing, combs his air and adjusts his clothing for several minutes. he looks surprised at the ringing of the bell then has a rueful smile when realizes how long he had been primping.

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
Day Four, morning, outside the house of Herr Borne

From the other side of wall comes the muted dinging of a bell. It fades away. A few moments later the door inside the door inside the door opens. Its not really a door, more of a window for observing who is on the other side. A man of middling years peers out.

"Yes," he says, looking around at the six individuals gathered* in front of the doors. "Can I help you?"

[sblock=OOC]* I have not see Rathan so far in the IC thread. Nor has he completed his character sheet. So I am going to say his character remains at the Baron's house and will not be joining the rest in this delivery. Perhaps he had another task to complete.
[/sblock]

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"We have a letter for Herr Borne," Ullara says, looking up, up, and up at the man at the window. "The Chancellor charged us to deliver it personally."

doghead

thotd

The viewing portal inside the door slams closed.

A few minutes later the door opens and another man steps through and out into the street, carefully closing the door behind him. He introduces himself as the household Steward and informs the party that Herr Borne is currently indisposed. He offers the items for Herr Borne, assuring them that they will be passed on. Alternatively, he invites the party to return again, perhaps at the end of the day or the next morning. It is not uncommon, he explains, for Herr Borne to remain indisposed for serval days at a time.

Axel

First Post
In the training yard, Bayar gave Eban a quizzical look, then nodded and reached for two of the weighted practice swords in a nearby rack.

He tossed one to Eban, then gave his a few practice hacks in the air. "I be not knowing you use weapons Eban," he says, taking guard in a fencing stance with right food forward.

-----------
Bayar had left his armour and shield behind at the Baron's city residence - he had found that dressing like a soldier drew far too much attention in cities - and settled on a rough woollen tunic over his typical black leather pants and boots. And sword belt of course...

Until the man's steward opened the door (and his mouth), he had been content to wait in the background and let the others try the nice way. Besides, it gave him the opportunity to keep an eye out for watchers. The steward seemed to be another of the insufferable cretinous types that would sell their daughter's services for a handful of silver...

"Hmm hmm," Bayar cleared his throat as he stood to his full height at the back of the group with arms folded. "We be in a hurry to do other work for the Baron. This be just courtesy, and private. If Herr Borne be not wanting the Baron's favour then we be leaving. You be stepping aside for one of us, or be explaining to Herr Borne!"

doghead

thotd

The Steward looks a Bayar, and then around at the the rest of the group. He appears about the say something, then stops himself, and shrugs.

"Of course. One of you may wait inside for Herr Borne."

He steps back to the door before turning to look expectantly at the group, waiting to see who will be joining him.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Perhaps, if you would also allow, I could aid Herr Borne." Ullara brings around a satchel at her side and opens it to reveal a neatly packed kits of unguents, herbs, bandages, i.e. a healer's kit. "I have skill with many remedies I would be willing to share to help one feel their very best."

Remove ads