IC - Mad King's Monkey II

Axel

First Post
Bayar frowned as the scene became apparent. He turned in a slow circle, surveying the room with his hand on his sword hilt. In particular he was looking for hiding places and exits from the room.

"I not be understanding. Where be Herr Borne? This be his steward, yes?" he asked, before looking up as the rest of the group were ushered in.

ghostcat

First Post
Coming on the stricken steward, Libros cannot help but blurt out "What in the 666 levels of the abyss happened here?"

Last edited:

doghead

thotd
"I not be understanding. Where be Herr Borne? This be his steward, yes?" he asked, before looking up as the rest of the group were ushered in.

[sblock=Bayar]The room is devoid of any obvious hiding spots with the exception of behind the curtains, and the door behind the curtains the only other exit. The windows, Bayar notices, are secured with thick iron bars, no one is going to be getting through them easily. Bayar notices some bloody scuff marks on the floor between the Steward and the curtains. The curtains, on second inspection, also have a few bloody marks on them, almost invisible against the dark fabric.[/sblock]

The old woman looks up at Bayar.

"Yes, of course it is. If Herr Borne were here, then we would have shown you to him and not have left you cluttering up the courtyard."

Coming on the stricken steward, Libros cannot help but blurt out "What in the 666 levels of the abyss happened here?"

"Watch your language!" the old woman snaps in response to Libros's outburst. "Lord of Light, an idiot and an potty mouth. Give me patience."

The old woman turns again to Ullara. "So, do you have any ability with healing or not?

"Do any of you?" she adds. "If so, make yourself useful. If not, stay out of the way."

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Of course I can help. Jan, I may need your assistance," Ullara said, and pulled out her healer's kit. Drawing on her experience, she tries to see how badly the injury is, how much of the blood is the Steward's, and what might have caused his wounds. Quietly she murmurs for Bran to guard her, should whatever or whoever have wounded the Steward try to make a second try. "What happened?" she asks the Steward, and she begins to check him over.

OOC: +12 to Heal with the healer's kit, and Professional (herbalist) +8 if any poultices/infusions etc. are needed. Also +10 to Sense Motive if he or anyone else tries to do any fast-talking.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Jan searches his memory and recalls a poem that was used many decade ago to memorize the uses of herbs and poultices.He starts to recite it but can't remember how it starts.

[rats, inspire competence comes at level 3. *grrrrrrrr* he can still cast 3 cure lights.]

"so, How can I be of service. I can sing a spell or two to heal . . . "

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Jan searches his memory and recalls a poem that was used many decade ago to memorize the uses of herbs and poultices.He starts to recite it but can't remember how it starts.

"so, How can I be of service. I can sing a spell or two to heal . . . "
"I don't know if it's that serious yet," Ullara says, but gives him a small smile of encouragement before turning her attention back to her patient. When they were not in the midst of a potentially serious situation, perhaps she'd teach him a thing or two about her art. Anyone willing to volunteer their knowledge, whatever it was, showed a quality that was to be nurtured.

Axel

First Post
"Maybe if he not be lying then the gods not be punishing him..." Bayar muttered.

The wounded man seemed to be in good hands, so he assumed his rudimentary knowledge of bandaging and splints wouldn't be required. Casually he strolled over to the window and peered out of it. Partly he had that human desire to look out from high places, and partly he was curious about some darker patches on the curtain fabric. Standing at the window Bayar pulled the fabric closer absently, as though to feel the material.

doghead

thotd
Day Four, afternoon, inside the residence of Herr Borne

Drawing on her experience, she tries to see how badly the injury is, how much of the blood is the Steward's, and what might have caused his wounds.

The blood appears to be all the Stewards. His clothes are ripped and torn and he has suffered multiple lacerations as well as some heavier blows from from something blunt. His hands and knees are bloodied and raw and the wounds filled with dirt and small stones. His left ankle is swollen and bruised, badly sprained or even broken. He is not dying, but he is in shock*. His pulse is weak and his skin clammy. While he looks at Ullara as she knees beside him, the Steward does not respond initially. His gaze is glassy.

[sblock=OOC *]He is at around a half to a third HP remaining. OK, by the RAW he should be just fine and dandy. But D20 rules suck at handling wounds and wounding. So I improvised. In Cure terms, at the minimum, a really good roll with a Cure Light for full recovery.[/sblock]

The sheer number of wounds is at first a little overwhelming, but after a few minutes Ullara begins to see progress. The water and bandages arrive, which helps. But it is the soothing balm of the poultice and something aromatic under the nose that eventually brings the Steward around from his shock. Eventually he looks up at Ullara, his gaze clear and alert.

"Thank you," he says.

At first the Steward tries to get up, and has to be convinced by Ullara and the old woman (probably mostly the old woman, as she is a bit of a dragon) to remain lying down for bit longer while Ullara finishes her work.

"What happened?" she asks the Steward, and she begins to check him over.

"There is something wrong with the Netherworld," the Steward responds after the question is put to him again. "Or something wrong in the Netherworld." he adds, seeing that his first answer didn't really satisfy. He goes on. "The Netherworld is all wrong. It ... it tried to ... kill me. It was all wrong. The path was treacherous underfoot and all overgrown. I stumbled a few times and kept getting cut by the brambles. Brambles? there shouldn't be brambles in the Netherworld! And then I tripped. Something tripped me. It didn't want to let go. I managed to get to my feet again but I couldn't move without getting slashed by the bushes, trees ... they had big thorns and I ... I ran. I think I fell down a few times. I don't remember so much after that ..."

Once again the Steward Struggles to sit up.

"Herr Borne will be trapped. Or ... worse. We need to help him."

[sblock=OOC Ullara]You get the feeling that the Steward is being truthfull.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Herr Borne will be trapped. Or ... worse. We need to help him."

"What, The Baron is trapped in the netherworld? I have traveled there since was a child, I understand there should be no brambles, but the weeds attacked you!? This is not good. We must get to him now. Where is the Gate?"

doghead

thotd
Day Four, afternoon, inside the residence of Herr Borne

" ... This is not good. We must get to him now. Where is the Gate?"

The Steward glances at the old woman, who, after a moment's consideration, nods.

"We don't have the skills to do it. I think we have to trust them. They do work for the Baron, after all."

The Steward again moves to get to his feet, and this time he won't be dissuaded. The effort opens a few of the wounds, and fresh blood seeps through the bandages. Ignoring it, he limps over to the curtains where Bayar is standing. He pauses for a moment as he notices what Bayar is looking at. He shakes his head and draws the curtains aside fully revealing the door behind.

"Through here."

He doesn't, however, make any move to open the door.

Remove ads