• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: I am a bit confused, though maybe I was ambiguous myself. Suldrel was asking one of them to start the match as a referee, not a participant. Also, I edited in my initiative to my previous post.

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Hahaha! My bad! I saw you asking one of them to begin, and I thought that meant you were asking one of them to go before Sachi. Lets go with her making that mistake IC though, cuz it's not unlike her to jump to conclusions that way :))

Kaodi

Hero
It occurs to Suldrel that it would be a bit dirty to attack while his sister is confused over his call for a referee. However, goblins fight dirty, and right now the elf is pretending to be a goblin.

Darting forward with his dagger, Sachiko only has a moment to react to his approach and it is not quite enough as Suldrel thwacks her with the flat of his blade. It was only a glancing blow, but she can tell that his strength has definitely been put behind it as it stings something fierce.

"Keep your eyes on me, Sachiko," he says in a low voice. The look in his eyes, it is one she has not seen often since they arrived in Sandpoint: steely intent. Clearly he is not treating this like just a friendly bout.

OOC: Non-lethal Attack: 1d20=12, 1d4+3=4

Shayuri

First Post
Taken by surprise, Sachiko yelps and hops away from Suldrel, holding her side. At his admonishment, a change falls over her. She hunches over forward slightly, meets his eyes with her own suddenly furious ones and actually bares her teeth at him with a rather convincing little snarly growl.

Then she's moving like lightning across the space between them...and if Suldrel wasn't holding back, by the sound of the SMACK, she was most definitely not holding back either!

(OOC - Activating my Luck power, then non lethal attack! 14 to hit (after -4 penalty) and a whopping 8 damage (max roll)!)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4462984/

(No longer flatfooted, AC is 14, 6/10 HP left...I'm assuming we're fighting unarmored, but if not...well, Sachiko hasn't been wandering around town in her armor, so she's not. :))

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Suldrel winces at his sister's fierce blow, but despite the pain he is pleasantly surprised: Sachiko can land a hit, that is for sure. As the elf re-evaluates his opponent he takes a swipe at the air in front of them in an attempt to keep her at bay long enough for him to formulate a new strategy.

OOC: Attack: 1d20=4, 1d4+3=6 . If you want to assume we are not wearing armour, that is fine with me, though I was thinking we were when I rolled 12 against your flat-footed AC. I suppose it makes more sense though: we could be hear forever trying to roll 16 and 14 respectively on a d20, hehehe...

Shayuri

First Post
Sachiko pulls back just enough to let the sword swish past, then comes in low and fast, giving him a smack on the rear to open him up, then leaping and grabbing onto his shoulder to bring the flat of her blade crashing across the side of his head!

She leaps off of him then and lands, panting heavily, eyes still a little too wide, lips still pulled back from her teeth...until she realizes how bad the beating was and snaps out of it.

"Suldrel?" she asks worriedly. "...are you okay?"

(OOC - Oh dear...Sachiko's on fire! So...she critted him for 13 damage. Nonlethal. That was a freakish combat though. Man, I bet I'll never roll that well in a fight I -need- to win. :) For the sake of RP, I'd like to say she doesn't actually knock him completely out though. :()

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4462994/
confirmation: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4462995/
crit damage bonus: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4462996/

Kaodi

Hero
When did she get that fas- is all Suldrel has time to think before the blow connects and sends him reeling. His eyes roll up as his legs collapse underneath him and he flops over onto the ground, dropping his dagger besides him.

After a moment however the elf seems to come to, at least barely. "Sach- ?"

Shayuri

First Post
Immediately Sachiko is at Suldrel's side, but she hasn't the faintest idea what to do. She looks at Fastus and Elsbeth with terrified eyes, and can't even seem to bring herself to speak!

Finally, they found out how to shut her up.

"Suldrel," she replies, carefully touching his face, away from where she'd hit it. "I'm so sorry...I wasn't even thinking..."

Kaodi

Hero
The elf smiles faintly as he props himself up a bit. "No, that was good, Sachiko," he replies. "In a real fight you have to trust yourself to act in the moment. I do not know what you have been up to when I am not around, but clearly it is working."

"It is just a bit unfortunate our sparring session was cut short: clearly I could use some remedial work," he adds, his smile widening slightly into a rare grin.

Shayuri

First Post
"Well, I am your sister after all," Sachiko replies, managing a little smile. She plants a smooch on his forehead.

"I was going to start off with a spell, but you came in and hit me and I just got so mad I couldn't even see straight for a second there."

Remove ads