Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Kaodi

Hero
"Fair enough," he says. "My thinking was I would see if you could wear me down a little bit, then I would go ballistic and sock you one with my fist; call it a lesson or some such. I was not quite counting on being the one getting schooled." Suldrel, with a little help from his sister, gets up to the sitting position. As the adrenaline wears off though, suddenly his head starts throbbing, and he winces. "Ugh, last time I had a headache this bad it took more than just a night to sleep off," he says, rubbing his temple ginger where Sachiko nailed him.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Crap," swore the young blacksmith without venom when the fight ended up starting one on one after all. "So much for my devious master plan!" He was so sure it would work too! A little puff of steam pssh-ed from his head: "Burn it!"

He dropped all his gear with a clunk (ham on top) and started hunting the light underbrush for a straight-ish piece of wood. He almost immediately tried out his first candidate by bashing it to splinters against a tree too: "Take THAT, foul poplar! You want one too, Elli?" he called back, pale brown eyes shining her way, back into the exciting spirit of things just like that.

Which means he ended up looking the right way to see (most of) what happened next!

Note to Elsbeth: He was offering a straightish branch, not a hit. :)

"Wow! One goblin DOWN!" he cheered Sachiko from the sidelines, not at all realizing Suldrel wasn't playing around anymore.

[...] "Ugh, last time I had a headache this bad it took more than just a night to sleep off," he says, rubbing his temple ginger where Sachiko nailed him.

"Oh that'll clear right up," predicted Fastus with a grin, companionly crouching down besides him. He knew quite a bit about bruises and such, mostly from direct experience too!

(He wasn't quite sure what happened actually -- and certainly the whole drama part of it sailed (mostly) right over his uncomplicated head: they were obviously both alright NOW, so everything had obviously ALWAYS been alright, right?) "She nailed you EXTRA good though!" he commented with a chuckle, punching him in the shoulder for added emphasis -- and none too gently either: "But you'll survive: You're Suldrel!"

Strangely enough, it seemed the new, smaller pain in his shoulder took away most of the old one, as if it had never been there...

OOC: CLW X2 = 2d8+2=6, Alright, yuck. Another one: 1d8+1=6= Suldrel regains 12 HPs.

Or maybe it's just his words: Fastus does have that kind of boundless energy about him.

Speaking of: "So does that mean I fight Sachiko next?"

OOC: A bit too much in one day guys. We spectators want to be part of it too, right?

Kaodi

Hero
"Thank you, Fastus," says Suldrel as the pain recedes and he gets to his feet. "Maybe you and Elsbeth should give it a go. You know, spread the wear around a bit. Besides, this little upending of our expectations should be memorable example of why you should never get too comfortable with your preconceptions about your opponents abilities." The elf leans down to pick up his dagger and slide it back into its sheathe.

G

Guest 11456

Jariah, Wireth, Jakira & Nairo

The four of you, with your sack of five mice, head out of town and toward the swamp. But as you approach the start of the fishing trail, two men lead by a third, Sheriff Hemlock, approach. The sheriff holds up his right hand, palm out. "Good day for a walk? You weren't thinking of entering the swamp just the two...?" He pauses as he notices Jakira and Nairo. "Er, four of you? Ameiko assured me that there would be seven of you or nine with these two." He motions toward Jakira and Nairo. "The swamp is not safe for so few."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

~ Just Outside of Sandpoint ~

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg
JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

Jariah shrugged and replied, “We are not really venturing into the swamp, just going to pay a quick visit to the Warden and come back to town. Our aerial friend will keep a good lookout and we should avoid any trouble along the way.”

Jakira perked up, “What trrrouble? Ya think we find gobberrrs?”

Jariah shook her head as she replied to her eidolon, “No, we are not hunting the goblins today. We will come back to scour the swamp tomorrow with the others.”

[sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +6
AC: 15, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 12 (Leather armor)
HP: 9 Current: 9
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 2/2 Remaining
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: None

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +4, Darkvision
AC: 14/18 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 12/16
HP: 12 Current: 12
Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce
Weapons in Hand: Claws & Bite[/sblock]

Binder Fred

"this little upending of our expectations should be memorable example of why you should never get too comfortable with your preconceptions about your opponents abilities."
Case in point, the young man cast a dubitative look towards Elsbeth, his thoughts written plain on his face. And, just in case they weren't: "Elli SUCKS at fighting."

OOC: Diplomacy roll failed. ;)

Shayuri

First Post
Recovering quickly from the scare, Sachiko laughs at Fastus as she gets up again and swishes her sword playfully around in front of her.

"Alright, Elsbeth, call me your knight and I'll avenge your honor for that dastardly disrespect!"

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Sorry. I've been struggling with a lot of family / family health issues, including a death in the family. I'm trying to make my way back to more regular posting.[/sblock]

Wireth frowns, biting down on his own rejoinder as the human sheriff seeks to block their exit from the city. This was why he hated cities in the first place, all the bloody officials telling a body what he could and couldn't do. But Jakira probably had the right of it, with her far more measured response. The half-orc does his best to neutralize his obvious animosity, then, and waited to see if the Sheriff would let them by.

[sblock=ooc]As with PM's post in the OOC thread, no worries if we have to all go together. Just let us know.[/sblock]

Graybeard

Explorer
Elsbeth

Elsbeth watched the skirmish while Fastus searched for a branch. When he offered her one, she politely declined, pointing to the dagger at her side.

When Sachiko smacked Suldrel so hard he fell down, she gasped loudly.

"Suldrel!" she yelled involuntarily.

She was about to rush over to see if he was okay but stopped herself in case Sachiko was too deep into fighting mode to realize she was not a threat. She waited for a moment for Sachiko to come to her senses.

Suldrel seemed to be okay, at least not seriously hurt.

Fastus then made a remark about her fighting skills.
Case in point, the young man cast a dubitative look towards Elsbeth, his thoughts written plain on his face. And, just in case they weren't: "Elli SUCKS at fighting."

Recovering quickly from the scare, Sachiko laughs at Fastus as she gets up again and swishes her sword playfully around in front of her.

"Alright, Elsbeth, call me your knight and I'll avenge your honor for that dastardly disrespect!"

"He speaks the truth. My ability to defend myself using common weapons is limited. Ameiko made sure I received some basic instruction in their use in the event I found myself in a situation where that was my only option. Additional instruction would be of benefit. We do not know what we will encounter in the swamp or when we encounter the goblins."

She walked towards Sachiko and drew her dagger from her belt.

"Other than a few spells, I only have this with me. I will refrain from using magic against you to make the practice fair."

Binder Fred

Bypassed, Fastus turned around as he straightened, a giant frown on his face: "Aw come on, Elli!" Which was about par for the course. But then it veered in a somewhat unexpected direction: "You got to get ANGRY when people say stupid things like that! At least a little? <Uhum> 'WHAT? I don't SUCK! And I'll prove it: you're eating steel tonight, foul fiend!' Like THAT!"

Not that he hadn't thought what he said when he said it - even though he probably shouldn't have SAID it - but Elsbeth just accepting the worse treatments got him so mad sometimes! (If Ameiko hadn't rescued her, he's a thousand percent sure she'd STILL be over there with that horrible family!)

"Try it."

If she needs some coaxing, after a pause: "Pretty please...?"

[sblock=OOC]'Foul XXX' is a phrase he picked up from- well - pretty much every one of Ameiko's adventure stories. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads