• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E [IC] Pathfinder: Jade Regent

Kaodi

Hero
The elf rushes out of the gates and try to get sight of the fleeing goblin. "Do you really think you will survive out there, alone?" Suldrel calls out. "If you surrender to us you will live. You may be little better than a filthy beast but I give you my word that no harm will come to you under my watch. You all had that option, but you chose to fight and flee instead. Your initial mistake need not be your death."

OOC: Updated Map , Initiative: 1d20+3=16, Perception: 1d20+8=13 .

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg
JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

Jakira licked blood from his lips and turned around. He started back the way he had just came and jumped to the ground where the ladder led down in the next hut. He could see his mistress and she just pointed towards the gate where Suldrel had rushed out.

“He no get away, mistrrress!”

The feline eidolon could easier out run any goblin and broke into a sprint and tore after the fleeing bugger in a streak of black fur.

Jariah hustled after, needing to say reasonably close to her eidolon.

Still behind Suldrel she commented softly so her voice did not really carry farther than the elf. “We are not going to really let them live are we? I think the Sheriff would just execute any prisoners we brought back.”

UPDATED MAP
Jariah's & Jakira's Initiative (1d20+5=11, 1d20+2=7)
[sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +6
AC: 15, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 12 (Leather armor)
HP: 9 Current: 9
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 0/2 Remaining (Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuv)
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: Dagger

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +4, Darkvision
AC: 14/18 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 12/16
HP: 12 Current: 4
Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce,
Weapons in Hand: Claws & Bite[/sblock] [sblock=OOC]TS, I fully support ending combat now instead of playing out the chasing down of one remaining goblin.

However, instead of him escaping (which is unrealistic as he cannot outrun either the eidolon or the bird), is it possible to have him just chased down and dead instead? I am not sensing there is a plot reason behind one getting away, but we do have IC reasons to prevent that from happening.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Wireth Norin, half-orc falconer

"I say let him go," Wireth calls out, hissing as he feels a sharp pain from the wound he's taken. "The point of this is to curb the goblin trouble, right? If he runs off and tells other camps that Sandspoint's started sending out hunters, maybe they'll think twice about any more raids."

Nairo gives his gurgling squawk, launching back toward the outer wall; it's unclear if the bird agrees or not.

"What might be more troublesome is what Sachiko plans on doing with the fireworks," Wireth adds.

MAP

[sblock=ooc]Wireth Init; Nairo init (1d20+2=6, 1d20+2=15)

As above, I think I can motivate a reason to let the gobber go, but I'm fine, too, if you take some GM fiat and throw the bird/cat combo at the last gobber, too (which was why I put the "unclear" part above, so you can NPC him for that bit if need be.[/sblock]

[sblock=status]Wireth current HP: 6/10
Nairo current HP: 6/9
One arrow used (recoverable).[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Anyone wanting to chase after the lone goblin needs to make three perception checks (two for you Kaodi since you already did one). Then I will post the results.

Graybeard

Explorer
Elsbeth

Elsbeth tried to keep up with Jariah but it was difficult. She stopped next to the strange circles when it became clear that all the goblins were dead or gone. She was a little disappointed because she wanted to be a hero.

"Are they really all gone? I thought Fastus wanted to question one of them."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Jariah Taliaferro, Human Female

JariahAvatar_zps048442ae.jpg
JakiraICPortrait-EnW_zps204bf743.jpg

Jariah was not so quick to call off her eidolon. One lone goblin spreading warning was not a reason to let him go. She thought a better message was an entire village wiped out without a single survivor or mercy. Besides, each goblin was worth 15 gold coins and she needed the money.

Jakira did not heed the half-orc at all and kept after the fleeing bugger anyway.

Jariah called back over her shoulder, “Well, I doubt Sachiko would listen to me. Wireth, why don’t you deal with her and we’ll pursue the goblin.”

“Elsbeth, I do not think all of the goblins are dead. Some are badly wounded and just unconscious. Perhaps a little first aid might stop a couple from bleeding out.”

UPDATED MAP
Jariah's Perception Checks (1d20+6=12, 1d20+6=10, 1d20+6=12)
Jakira's Perception Checks (1d20+2=11, 1d20+2=12, 1d20+2=22)

[sblock=Mini-stats]Jariah Taliaferro
Init: +5, Senses: Perception +6
AC: 15, Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 12 (Leather armor)
HP: 9 Current: 9
Fort: +1, Ref: +3, Will: +3
Summon Monster: 7/7 Remaining
1st Level Spells: 0/2 Remaining (Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuv)
Conditions: None

Weapon in Hand: Dagger

Jakira
Init: +2, Senses: Perception +4, Darkvision
AC: 14/18 (Mage Armor), Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 12/16
HP: 12 Current: 4
Fort: +3, Ref: +4, Will: +0
Condition: Darkvision, Power Attack, Pounce,
Weapons in Hand: Claws & Bite[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Wireth Norin, half-orc falconer

Wireth shrugged. "I remember you saying something about Jakira not being able to really die, so I'll leave the chase to him, then," he offers. "Nairo's very much mortal, and I don't like the look of the slash he's taken. I'll set him to watch for you, though."

The half-orc clucks his tongue, and Nairo returns to his roost on the wall, avian eyes watching for more trouble while Wireth himself moves back to the excitable pair looking for fireworks.

"Fastus? Sachiko? Maybe ... maybe using explosives is a little excessive?" he offers, then bites his lip, considering. He snaps his fingers as something seems to inspire him.

"Besides, what if that building's where they're keeping all their treasure? You wouldn't want to burn up all of that, would you? Melted coins and burnt fabrics and weapons are much harder to do anything useful with, after all."

Graybeard

Explorer
Elsbeth

"I don't think the goblins will have much treasure worth taking. It won't hurt to look though. If nothing else, maybe we will find something of use to some of the poorer people in Sandpoint?" she suggested.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"They've got to be packed three high in there, Elli." Not that he minded too much, but still... "And coins melt, you know," he pointed out, as if that invalidated Wireth's ENTIRE argument.

Anyways, he rubbed his hands together, excited as he sized up the big hut: "Is that what we're doing, Sachi? Burning the place down?" Finally! "I'll grab some stuff so we can block the doors!"

And he started prying logs off the hut they were in right now, his earlier troubles forgotten... Fire!

OOC: Fastus intends to wedge and nail the double doors so they can't be opened from inside. Is that doable, Tailspinner? (He's got his artisan's tool and some nails + wire in his "bits of random metal", if needed).

Remove ads