[IC] Return of the Runelords

Kaodi

Hero
Grimacing as she takes the first step on her injured ankle, she steadies herself with one hand while bracing her spear between her other arm and her body to shine it forward.

G

Guest 11456

A dank smell pervades this five-foot wide hallway. A set of stairs rises to the next floor, and the hallway turns sharply to the north past the staircase (north is to the left).

OOC: Map

Scotley

Hero
Teodor slides just inside the door and presses firmly on the floor with his hands testing its ability to hold his weight. "I think we should stay away from that corner over the water as well. Let me see if the floor in here is any better."

OOC: Map

G

Guest 11456

The floor inside the house appears to be in much better shape then that on the porch.

Kaodi

Hero
Shendra picks herself up and moves to squeeze by Teodor, giving the young man a small, somewhat perfunctory smile as she passes close to him. She was eager to get a look through that first doorway; getting up and at it was often the best remedy for small injures. Well, other than magic of course.

OOC: Map: https://beta.ditzie.com/96344/5c9a8af5e964a
I do not entirely understand what the heavy lines across the doorways mean. They do not exactly look like actual doors. But here is a Perception check in case it is needed: [roll0] .

Shayuri

First Post
Mei Ying moves cautiously up to the door, but pauses there to let doughtier people in ahead of her. Thus far nothing more threatening than rot in old wood was appearing, but if this place was special to the yokai, it could very well turn up to try to ward them away. How bad that would be depended greatly on the nature of the spirit...but readiness could only help them.

She strained to hear over the sound of footsteps and the low murmur of conversation nearby...

(perception - [roll0])
https://beta.ditzie.com/96344/5c9aaa2a5f60b

G

Guest 11456

Shendra hears nothing at the closed door.

Please make a reflex save for Mei Ying.

Teea tries to figure out what is up with the porch but is unable to determine what is up.

Michael takes his time and studies the porch for a long time before determining what is up. He says, "Some of the boards are too rotten to support our weight." He grabs his belly for effect. "Some of us have more weight then others." He is able to point out the weak boards to everyone. From now on this hazard is no longer an issue (after Mei Ying's save of course). He also finds a silver locket near the front porch's first step. "Oh ho! Look what I found."

OOC: The Line is where the door is and the door shows hoe the door swings. For instance the front doors swing out and the closet door, beneath the stairs, swings out into the hall.. All doors are closed unless stated otherwise. So the door that Shendra is in front of is closed and since you cannot see the door on the map it swings in. Also the door down at the end of the hall on the right is closed and swings in. Hope this helps.

Remove ads